Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Jurassic World 2 Mattel Toys

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    What I really want to do is grab some of the Matchbox cars, build a little diorama scene, and include the custom painted versions of the mini-dinos they've done. So like, imagine the cliff scene with the trailer half off the cliff and the two Rex's pushing it over? I would love that! But I can't do it until they make the second half and the accordion...IF they ever do it.
    Ah I never thought of using the Legacy mini dinos next to the cars, they do look pretty in scale I suppose.

Checked my Target today for new stock and although they did have Ellie, which is a good sign of a restock, they didn't have much else at all for human figures in the Fallen Kingdom line and nothing new from Wave 2 whatsoever. They did have stuffed dinos now though and a huge T-Rex cardboard standup.
    Last edited by SaberSonic83; 06-19-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Is it weird if I want the Mosasaurus to come with this guy:

"I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Death Star Gunner.

Saw the movie Thursday night and I really liked it! definitely a lot more excited to pick up the wave 2 humans now. Tonight I was able to get the battle damage Stiggy, so im caught up until the next wave shows up. It seems like all the Wal-Mart's really stocked up, so if you're looking for something from the first wave, that's a good first stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Is it weird if I want the Mosasaurus to come with this guy:

Nope not weird at all. I'd love to get some generic looking characters like this guy, a worker from the first movie with the red hardhat, an Ingen hunter from TLW, and an ACU trooper from JW.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Mudtrooper, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook, Enfys Nest
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

Check a Wal-Mart, no new stuff other than a huge padded Raptor pull-over head that you can wear. It's a bit ridiculous, but could be fun lol

They did, however, have all the roarivores on sale for $11 so I finally picked up the Allosaurus, which I find to be maybe the best of the bunch looks-wise. So much better out of the package. I always read about Allosaurus in my childhood books, so it's very cool to have one finally, especially since it is featured in Fallen Kingdom twice.

I also liked the movie, I'll def. be going to see it again. Like that it was scarier like the original and had those horror elements. Tons of scenes with nods to the original, though I feel like the crushed Explorer was a little thrown in there. To me, it doesn't even look like the same tree. It was a huge banyan tree from what I remember with a lot more root structure. It's like they generically just threw the Explorer in there as a hey, remember this from Jurassic Park?! Aren't we cool for including it? At least the Jeep scene from the last one was used practically, as there totally would have been a garage attached. My biggest beef with the last movie outside of having WAY too much CGI (especially the freaking park doors, that was atrocious) was the fact that the Visitor's Center didn't even look like the Visitor's Center from the outside. The inside felt too small, especially since they were standing inside the huge vaulted lobby and the outside in no way would have ever been THAT grown over. It was like they were approaching a door in the middle of the jungle. Where were the huge sets of steps leading up to it? They totally did NOT do their homework and it was completely evident. It was a patchwork effort to say the least.

The new one had a nice story thread that was easy to follow throughout and seemed more interesting overall. I could have done without nerdy kid screaming every 5 seconds, it was a little too much obvious comedy. The original never needed that, it had swagger and wit. Too many movies shoot for the lowest brow these days and I can't stand it. Movies need to be smart again. The original was wholly philosophical and still could interest a kid. Lex and Tim fit their parts and weren't distracting or overly annoying. I did like the little girl in this one, she seemed very believable and polished, unlike the kids from the last one who were obviously the emo Millennial and Asberger kid, respectively. A little too forced and overly annoying. Not many redeeming moments from them.

I feel the Allosaurus is a classic dinosaur as it is popular in children's books and other learning material. I was really happy to see it in Fallen Kingdom and although I have not purchased the Roarivore it is a nice figure. It kind of reminds me of shark, as weird as that sounds.

As for the movie, I did enjoy it. Going again Tuesday.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Mudtrooper, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook, Enfys Nest
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243