Thread: Was the missile firing boba Fett ever carded

Was the missile firing boba Fett ever carded

Hello,

I was watching Paw Stars a little while ago and someone brought in a carded Boba Fett with the Rocket firing feature. I though the figure didn't make it out of the prototype stage because of safety concerns. The guy was offered 100k for it. I am not sure what the guys original asking price was for it. I was a bit curious if the rocket firing version figure was ever even carded.

I think that carded example was a toy fair sample / mock up. If I remember correctly the bubble was never factory sealed. I think the owner wanted 150k for it.

Yes that is the only "carded" example and it was a toy fair mock up the bubble is not fully sealed you can take the figure out.

Thanks for the info.I didn't see the whole segment on Pawn Stars.Man, $100,000 for a figure geez. I wonder how the guy got ahold of the figure.

So, this was the only painted sample of the rocket firing Boba Fett I assuming?

I watch Pawn Stars a'lot, and after seeing that episode, I did some research. HERE ARE MY FINDINGS AFTER RE-WATCHING AND RESEARCHING:
    The MOC Rocket-Fett, is you can call it that as the bubble isn't sealed, was obtained from the Kenner employee who attended the 1979 Toy Fair in NYC. The mans original asking price was $150,000, and he was offered $100,000, and didn't take it. It was later listed on eBay for $150,000, and as far as I know, did not sell. The expert Rick form Pawn Stars brought in appraised the piece at $125,000. If you watch closely in the video, you can see that the missile is not pushed down. In the acrylic case he has it in, the bubble is a little bent, but otherwise, it appears to be in excellent shape. I hope this could answer your question, and May The Force Be With You.

Actually, if I'm correct, there are three other painted prototypes. There may be more, but I'm not exactly sure yet.