Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Phoenix Board #185 - Up next: SOLO, PCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares_X View Post
    So who in this group is backing Jabba's Sail Barge? Is it only Slave I, ILuvToyz and myself? Just three? How can the rest of you pass up this once in a lifetime collectible?

Kielbassa- Don't you still collect 3.75"? I know it's not out of your price range. You buy Sideshow and Hot Toys items regularly.

Sith Sense- Are you passing on this or just out of touch and don't even realize it's available until it's too late, like seems to happen quite often?

RDM- I know you backed out of most collecting, but you have two young boys still. Wouldn't they go crazy with a 4' sail barge showing up?

Ground Trooper- I realize you have also backed out a lot and this is not Sandtrooper-related, but it was on Tatooine and would make a very cool backdrop to a lot of the Sandtroopers and Boba Fetts that you have. I know space is an issue, but it can always hang from the ceiling. According to Hasbro it weighs less than 15 pounds.

Desert Trooper- It's in Vintage packaging! That has got to have some appeal.
    I'm getting back into 3.75" collecting with the Vintage line this year and the Sail Barge is tempting as hell. I've been thinking about it quite a bit since the announcement. I really want to be a part of this. If I can swing it or not will ultimately come down to what kind of quarterly stock distribution I receive at the end of March...so if I am ordering it, it will be just before the deadline. It is not looking great at the moment though as receivables haven't been too good thus far.

Even if I can't be a part of this, I really hope it happens. I'm afraid Hasbro has limited the chance for success though buy not allowing payment plans. Allowing backers to spread out the payment over 6 or even 3 months with no interest would make a big difference in getting this thing funded. I personally won't open up another line of credit just to get zero percent financing.

Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    I'm getting back into 3.75" collecting with the Vintage line this year and the Sail Barge is tempting as hell. I've been thinking about it quite a bit since the announcement. I really want to be a part of this. If I can swing it or not will ultimately come down to what kind of quarterly stock distribution I receive at the end of March...so if I am ordering it, it will be just before the deadline. It is not looking great at the moment though as receivables haven't been too good thus far.

Even if I can't be a part of this, I really hope it happens. I'm afraid Hasbro has limited the chance for success though buy not allowing payment plans. Allowing backers to spread out the payment over 6 or even 3 months with no interest would make a big difference in getting this thing funded. I personally won't open up another line of credit just to get zero percent financing.

Glad to hear you may do this. Hope all works out with your stock distribution. I'm waiting to find out about my annual bonus. Not waiting to order the sail barge, just anxious to hear what my bonus will be. I don't blame you for not wanting to open another line of credit. I just paid off my last one early (a year free finance deal). I still have the credit on two vehicles and the house of course.

I just hope you're able to swing the Sail Barge because if you have an itch for it now, I have a feeling that itch will get really bad once it releases and you start seeing what the other collectors have. Then if you decide you need it, it's going to REALLY cost.

Oh and just to further irritate that itch, here are some incredible pictures of the barge from Toyfair.
    Last edited by Ares_X; 02-21-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    Need: BS3 Praetorian Guard

Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Trooper View Post
    I am sorry, but I won't be helping the cause. This is a pass for me. For many of the reasons you guessed. Space - Not being part of my "Focus".
    Price is also an issue, while it is an impressive piece I can not justify the price for 3-3/4 which I really quit almost 4 years ago.
    PayPal credit is a great way to pay for this thing. One that I could not use right now if I wanted it. I just maxed out my PayPal credit account ($10k)
    for a marketing project for my 3 stores and I won't be making my first payments for another month.

I think this is the future for things like this. I have backed many Kickstarter type projects in the past, many of them SW related. Mostly Books and Movies or Documentaries.
    I hope it happens, but I won't be helping make it happen.
    I bought the BMF on clearance. I never opened it. It was too big for any of my spaces. I ended up selling it.

I hope this happens for those of you that have backed it. if it doesn't at least you aren't out anything. I have 2 Kickstarters that were funded successfully but we never got our products. The creators spent all the money before the project was finished. So I am now a little more gun shy with certain projects.

Good Luck!!

I had a feeling this was the case for you.

As far as the Hasbro kickstarter, I'm not worried about them not fulfilling orders if they do decide to take it on. The movie campaigns that you were involved in were risky. Plus they were being run by Star Wars fans and we're not always the most dependable or responsible bunch. This was why I never jumped on board with any of those.
    Need: BS3 Praetorian Guard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910