Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is the most magical/emotional moment you have had collecting?

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveSlaveLeia View Post
    Here's a cool thing that happened to me...My dad had several trips throughout my youth in which he had to go and train for his job. He didn't usually bring me back a present, but I recall one time he brought me back a cool Vader keychain. I thought it was nice, but of course being a kid, I lost it, and I always wondered where I left it. About 3 years ago he died, and I went back home to his funeral. I pulled out a pair of shoes that I hadn't worn in years, and I found the keychain, which had fallen in the shoe. That I would describe as a "magical moment." RIP pops!
    Thanks for sharing that wonderful story! Best thing I have read on this board for some time.

i dont have any feelings but if i had to choose it was opening ben kenobi up when i was a kid

Opening the box containing the VC jawa meccano in 2013. That was a crazy day.
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

Quote Originally Posted by Duskamp View Post
    Opening the box containing the VC jawa meccano in 2013. That was a crazy day.
    ^Would like to hear more about that day!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotMyFault View Post
    ^Would like to hear more about that day!!!!!

Here you go ! http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1097439

I have two moments. First was when I was in the middle of a many year hiatus from collecting. My wife and I used to check out estate sales on the weekend and one day we were in a house of some kind of antique dealer. I walked right by it but my wife noticed in a corner was a star wars poster. She guarded it while trying to subtlety get my attention. I didn't know too much about poster authentication back then other than make sure the Luke's belt wasn't hairy and this one looked OK but I couldn't see the whole thing because it was matted. Got it for $100 framed took it home and took it out of the frame to discover it was a 30x40 Window box version. Not mint but displays nicely. That started my poster collection and I now have way too many.

Second was the first time I attended a private collector gathering which had some big shots in the community. It was fun finally meeting these people in person after chatting with them or reading their posts for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by porkinsred6 View Post
    That's fantastic. Love stories like that!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotMyFault View Post
    That's fantastic. Love stories like that!
    Good to hear. :-)
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

As others have noted, my memories are mainly related to getting stuff back in the day...

My Dad used to go away to take college courses in the summer and I remember quite vividly him bringing me back the Hoth Ice Planet playset and a carded Darth Vader... like Proust with his petites madeleines, the smell of the plastic of that freshly opened Vader MOC has stuck with me over the years! Smelled like a fresh vinyl shower curtain!

Cheers

d.

Quote Originally Posted by dienstuhr View Post
    As others have noted, my memories are mainly related to getting stuff back in the day...

My Dad used to go away to take college courses in the summer and I remember quite vividly him bringing me back the Hoth Ice Planet playset and a carded Darth Vader... like Proust with his petites madeleines, the smell of the plastic of that freshly opened Vader MOC has stuck with me over the years! Smelled like a fresh vinyl shower curtain!

Cheers

d.
    while not starwars related, i to this day still recall the smell of a freshly opened stinkor figure (motu)
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast