Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Temple Of Doom Fans

Took me a minute to figure out what we were talking about here...LOL, Kooshmeister wins...it is a hamper!

Yeah, ToD is definitely my second (very close second) favorite Indy movie. I really dig how different it is from Raiders. While I like TLC, it always seemed like Raiders 2.0 to me. It just revisited so many ideas and plot devices from Raiders. The only thing that really saves it from being a direct re-hash of Raiders is the inclusion Henry Jones Sr. I also didn't care for how it turned Marcus and Sallah into comic relief.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

i love temple of doom. for me its temple of doom,last crusade, raiders, skull
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

Raiders second to last? Blasphemy!
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    LOL, Kooshmeister wins...it is a hamper!
    Oh boy! What do I win?
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Death Star Gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Oh boy! What do I win?
    LOL,I can send you the hamper.
    Feedback thread

No thanks.

I often feel alone in thinking TOD is the best right alongside Raiders. TLC and KOTCS are perfectly fine and enjoyable, but the first two for me are really in a class and elite of their own. Plus Raiders and TOD actually have the pulpy vintage adventure serial feel to them, something that was somewhat lost in the subsequent movies.

I'm inclined to agree, at least about Last Crusade. It has this big, epic feel to it, and has all these important and meaningful discussions about faith and family and such (helped by my favorite score in the series). It's in a class all its own. Not better or worse than Raiders or Temple of Doom. Just different. Whereas the previous two movies were just about adventure with religious overtones, I feel like Last Crusade delves a little more into that aspect of the franchise given the presence of Indiana's father. And as much as people may dislike the goofier Marcus, he still gets great lines like "The search for the cup of Christ is the search for the divine in all of us." Crystal Skull returned to the more serial-inspired adventure aspect of the series.

Another thing about Temple of Doom I love is its more triumphant feel towards the end. Much has been made of the fact Indy doesn't really do too much to affect the finale of the first film, but here he does actually take out the bad guy, and I find rescuing children from slavery to be a nobler goal than obtaining some rare treasure, powerful as the Ark may have been, and I love, too, that Indiana realizes the stone is more valuable to the well-being of the village and its people than it is in some museum or lab somewhere.

Indiana's idea, given to him by the events in this film, seems to be that the things he pursues best belong where they're of the greatest benefit to everyone, and that often means treating each relic differently based on the situation. The surviving Sankara Stone is best used in Mayapore because it is literally the village's lifeblood. Something like the Cross of Coronado, meanwhile, lacking any real power, is something everyone deserves to see, not to remain sequestered away in some greedy private collector's mansion where only he can enjoy it. Etc.
    Last edited by Kooshmeister; 04-08-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Another great thing TOD has going for it is Mola Ram, easily the most evil villain of the series and by far the most frightening. You know the second he arrives onscreen things are going bad.

Just saw this thread. I LOVE TOD! My sentimental favorite. I was 9 YO when this came out and I think this was the absolute perfect age for me to experience it. If I remember correctly, I think my dad was cool enough to let us stick around after the movie was done, so we could watch it 2x in a row (I remember he did that with Time Bandits too). I do know for sure I saw it more than once in the theater. Such great memories!
    And TOD stands up so well today. I took my daughter to see it with me last year in the theater and what a treat! It's just beautifully crafted from every angle of the production - direction & blocking, editing, beautifully conceived & realized effects, set design....so many folks (crew) at the top of their game. And this film has many instances of that trademark Lucas/Spielberg thing where they have their characters get into one crazy situation after another with each situation crazier than the previous one...and it works, no matter how over-the-top it got!
    TK-2523
    Seeking: T'ra Saa Comic Pack, Ahsoka -CW44, Revan lightsabers, Royal Starship, AT-ACT
    GM Cereal Pens - NEED:
    Anakin, Mace; 4 Trade: OB1, Chewie, Clone
    MY FEEDBACK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123