Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESB 2-1B 41 back - Is it real?Opinions ,please

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveSlaveLeia View Post
    Did any of the known reseals get a vintage price sticker added onto the card? That would be one ambitious bootlegger.

I'm guessing the OP is worried about the lack of a waffle pattern? Or is there a waffle pattern here that I just can't see? In any case, even if it's a clear seal, it can still be legitimate.
    I thought we had a discussion about price tags on the forum once. It was part of a "is it real, is it not" conversation and someone thought the price on the tag was too high or too low. I suppose an ingenious forger could take a legit price tag off a figure or item and use it to make a valuable fake seem real. It's certainly plausible and Like I said, i vaguely remember this practice coming up in a forum discussion. I just remember the take away from me was, just because there is a price tag, doesn't mean it's real.

Also, if it was a well done re-card, how would anyone ever know?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    I thought we had a discussion about price tags on the forum once. It was part of a "is it real, is it not" conversation and someone thought the price on the tag was too high or too low. I suppose an ingenious forger could take a legit price tag off a figure or item and use it to make a valuable fake seem real. It's certainly plausible and Like I said, i vaguely remember this practice coming up in a forum discussion. I just remember the take away from me was, just because there is a price tag, doesn't mean it's real.
    Honestly, I wouldn't put it past someone to go to such heights to make a forgery. If anything, the perfect placement of this sticker is suspect, as most of my price stickers were originally placed sloppily over the logo, artwork, etc! haha.

FXToys! on eBay has been caught using price tags to cover damage on cards.

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    FXToys! on eBay has been caught using price tags to cover damage on cards.
    Wow, Really? I was actually watching a couple auction of theirs on ebay, and actually bid on some things last week I didn't win. Where did you hear about this? What's the scoop? Bad ebayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post
    If you need an expert contact Youthberg:

"My cup of tea? That would be 2-1B" (Updated 5/17)

To answer your question, yes it's real:

There are 3 things to considered for 41 Backs carded figures:
    1. What factory was made (*in this case S=Smile)
    2. The type of peg hole punch
    3. The position of the blister or bubble
    Thats what I was worried about, the hole punch most of all. Looks 100% legit to me now too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    Wow, Really? I was actually watching a couple auction of theirs on ebay, and actually bid on some things last week I didn't win. Where did you hear about this? What's the scoop? Bad ebayer?
    There are several threads regarding this eBay user (more than what is below). This is not to say he does not have honest auctions. I just wondered if you referring to FXToys! when you mentioned the discussion regarding price tags.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1100300

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1108383

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1104405

I believe many esb moc did not have a the waffle pattern,looks legit to me. K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12