Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For the OT fans that hated TLJ....

•    
    Lucas hated the Holiday Special, disowned it, and never has he considered it a part of 'canon'.

It was still better than the ST though.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    The Jedi/Bug orgy was a single moment in an otherwise decent trilogy. If you wanted something to demonstrate the depths that the Legends EU fell to I give you:

The Crystal Star
    The Dark Fleet Crisis

A single moment that Troy Dennings kept refering to as it shaped Jania's relationships in all the books to come after.

But yeah... Crystal Star shudder.

I would actually Fate of the Jedi is worse what with Aboloth and Troy's weird views on the Force and the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    Lucas hated the Holiday Special, disowned it, and never has he considered it a part of 'canon'.

Ian
    and yet.. it's still even to this day where we get a ton of canon from.
    Last edited by Vicarious_Fan; 01-24-2018 at 01:27 PM.

I really wanted to like FotJ, especially when they started throwing in hints of Krayt and Mortis. But yeah, it got weird.

If I never supported your criticisms of the EU over the years, it's simply because I never saw it.

Ian
    I don't know how you missed it. Darthsatan and I used to have some of the biggest EU arguments ever! Though it has been over a decade ago.
    Oh boy those were fun times.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Looking for JP Ellie, Grant & Muldoon
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I don't know how you missed it. Darthsatan and I used to have some of the biggest EU arguments ever! Though it has been over a decade ago.
    Oh boy those were fun times.
    I used to criticize it heavily, but since I stuck mostly to the vintage board and Wuher's, I probably never got exposed to the great EU wars.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

the phrase canon didn't exist for SW till the novels began in the early 90s, there was simply no need for it, SW was just SW then. the fact that one at any time would assume the HS had any actual narrative intentions is mind boggling in and of itself. It was what it was.

It was still better than the ST though.

Ian
    Last edited by jpolli666; 01-25-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345