Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can We Talk About the Maz Kanata TLJ Scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Which only reinforces the need to travel separately, thus increasing your odds of survival.
    I believe the Rebels on Hoth took separate hyperspace escape routes and met up later--after the AT-AT Battle, Wedge tells Luke: "See you at the rendezvous" which one wouldn't say if they were taking the same route. So the strategy was around...

...or maybe some of the Resistance fleet did take different routes and realized it would be suicide to go back to help the "main" fleet?

I don't know, after a point you realize there is only so much analysis the extended space battle can withstand before you have to start filling gaps with massive doses of logic assistance. I appreciated the West End RPG back in the day because they had meticulously gone through and explained every detail, down to working Han's mention that the Falcon makes "point five past lightspeed" into the mechanics of hyperspace travel. I miss things making sense.

I don't think The Art of War should be required reading prior to producing space wizard movies. As long as things work on a thematic and emotional level I'm not going to get too caught up in the minutia of guerrilla warfare.
    Last edited by Internets; 01-20-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Agreed. Outside sources should not be necessary, only more enriching.

I'm not sure how "minute" leaving an extended chase to have a side adventure when its been established that none of the bad guy ships can leave the chase (you know, to maybe come back in on a different vector and cut off the escaping good guys) is. It might as well be the end of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" at that point.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of the movie and look forward to seeing where the story goes. It just needed another couple of script drafts before they started filming to work the kinks out.

The Maz scene was stupid and pointless.

My issue with it was that she's in battle in "union negotiations."
    WTH? So unions are evil and have to be dealt with in aggressive negotiations? Ha ha.

But later on in the movie they criticize the rich on Canto Bight or whatever?
    Hmmm. Looks like they new to figure out what they're criticizing.
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

She simply wanted the negotiation to be short.

I think you're looking to deep into that scene.....
    Last edited by Prequellover; 01-21-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    This is almost like having the entire police force in a major city, run into the sewers to flush out the bad guys.......
    And not even leave a squad behind to guard your hospitalized Commisioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Prequellover View Post
    She simply wanted the negotiation to be short.

I think you're looking to deep into that scene.....

Where did she say she wanted the negotiations to be short? I must have missed that part.

Besides, why didn't they just make them space pirates or competitors to her business?
    I think you're looking to simply into this...
    My Feedback

It was a joke. You know like how some trade negotiations were "shortened" by some robots and laser swords?

Sorry If I didn't make it apparent.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Bye bye all! I may still peak in the Merch section.

It was a joke. You know like how some trade negotiations were "shortened" by some robots and laser swords?

Ah ok. Missed the reference to the Obi/Qui Gon "negotiations".
    My Feedback

And here I thought the joke was about Maz's height.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234