Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hot Toys ESB Boba Fett Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    If TIME wasn't a factor, then I'd have no issue with it. But my opinion is based on the fact that HT can only make so many figures per year, and therefore they shouldn't be filling up all those scheduled slots with nothing but remakes, and that seems to be what some collectors here and on Sideshow Freaks are pushing for, wanting Hot Toys to focus on remaking everything Sideshow ever did. It needs to be tempered and diversified, with some of the focus remaining on brand new characters nobody has ever done before, like Tarkin and Hoth Leia. And that original list above seemed to go overboard a bit with some of the suggested remakes. I just can't see Hot Toys ever redoing Jabba and his throne, for example. And last half of the bounty hunters were just recently solicited and haven't even shipped yet, but there's already people clamoring for Hot Toys to remake them ALL! That's ridiculous to me. We have suitable versions of the bounty hunters for now, and quite good versions in my opinion. If Hot Toys listened to the remake fanatics, they'd be devoting the next 18 months to just remaking all of those bounty hunters again rather than doing something new and different.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I slightly object to the word 'remake' as they're separate companies. I don't see Figuarts as 'remaking' characters, only addong their own better quality versions to a market outside of America. I understand that there is probably a large crowd of people who have previously collected Sideshow and now buy Hot Toys. However, there is a very large crowd (including people like me) who do not buy Sideshow and see Hot Toys as a completely different company. I mean would Bandai SH Figuarts not make figures simply because Hasbro BS already did them? I think with Hot Toys comes the added quality and there is a large market for that extra quality. I can't think of many, or any, Sideshow figures that are better than the Hot Toys versions.

So far, I have held off on preordering this piece because I think the SSC version is just fine. The SSC version a really nice example of Boba Fett, and I really like the Bespin base that comes with it. I'm sure the HT version will be better, but for once, that may not be enough to justify me selling my SSC version so I can get the HT upgrade. Time will tell.
    You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

Collecting 12" since Sideshow entered the game back in 2004, i tend to agree with Shabby_Blue on that matter. As much as i understand collectors that entered the game more recently, would i have to choose between an upgrade and a first release, i'll always go for the latter... assuming i have an interest in the character. For example, i'm really excited by the porspect of adding ROTJ Luke (which, by the way, was my first ever 12" figure) or ROTS Anakin to the collection but that's nothing compared to the opportunity to complete ESB Hoth trio with Leia or finally having Tarkin on a shelf with Vader, Leia and DS Gunner.
    This being said, we gotta keep in mind, how hard fans' push is, Lucasfilm and HT are the one that eventually get to choose what's coming. And, looking at the recent releases layout, it's clear armored troops, helmeted villains and first tier heroes are the focus... with a surprise figure here and there to keep us on our toes.
    WTB: Tamashii Movie Realization SDCC '17: Prototype (White) Ronin Boba Fett (Fair Price)
    Want list http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098677/ Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099025/#post19156148

... it just sucks that HT often dangles the carrot (ie: Royal Guard, Baze Malbus, Gonk Droid, Star Destroyer Commander, etc...) then these reveals evaporate into the ether. If you preview them, MAKE THEM!
    You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

Yeah I can understand the delay on Baze (since Rogue One has come and gone and the other RO figures may not be hot sellers), but anything OT should be pushed out fast and would likely sell really well. Especially the Royal Guard. That figure is a thing of beauty and many people will likely buy TWO of them to display on each side of the Emperor. It doesn't make sense for Hot Toys to be procrastinating on offering this one for pre-order.
    Shabby Blue

To me, the only reason behind PO delays or prototypes never making it to production is the lack of manufacturing power. As big as HT has become, they are limited in how many figures they can produce in a given time while maintaining their quality level.
    WTB: Tamashii Movie Realization SDCC '17: Prototype (White) Ronin Boba Fett (Fair Price)
    Want list http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098677/ Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099025/#post19156148

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnchor View Post
    So far, I have held off on preordering this piece because I think the SSC version is just fine. The SSC version a really nice example of Boba Fett, and I really like the Bespin base that comes with it. I'm sure the HT version will be better, but for once, that may not be enough to justify me selling my SSC version so I can get the HT upgrade. Time will tell.
    Yeah, I am perfectly happy with my SSC Boba too. I have him displayed with my HT figures and he looks fine alongside them. There are several SSC figures that I have "retired" due to HT doing better version, but there are a few SSC figures that hold up well alongside HT. I've got SSC Boba Fett, the Emperor, X-Wing pilot Luke, Hoth Han, Leia/Boushh, C-3P0/R2, Jango Fett, Stormtroopers, and the Jawas all displayed with my HT figures and they look fine.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Iíve done many upgrades from SSC to HT, and thereís no doubt I will do more. When the HT Luke Jedi releases later this year, I will Sell my SSC Luke Jedi. When HT gets around to making a Bespin Han Solo, I will sell my SSC version. But on some level itís relieving to know that Iím more than satisfied with the SSC Boba Fett, and that I can save myself $267.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this pre-ordered but I'm strongly considering canceling it. I will lose my NRD and the points I used, but I think it's worth it to save the ~$200 for a figure I don't exactly need. I have the SSC Boba Fett already and I'm struggling to rationalize why I need this one, especially since the display he will go with is the Bounty Hunters and the SSC Vader.

It's just hard to admit I shouldn't have PO'd in the first place and the applicability of the sunk cost fallacy.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

I debated about getting this HT version, too, but ultimately decided that my SSC Boba Fett is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345