Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PGM Gift 2018 Bust hopes, wishes and wants!

How is yarna getting nods and not more Malakili? I'm seeing 5 mentions, and that's awesome.. but Yarna? I'd buy it, great idea for a bust, but can we get the fat dude with the awesome monster first before the fat chick with 6 bewbs?
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1029047
    TK/ID/DZ-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

At the risk of being a bit controversial, personally I think Amanaman is a poor choice for a mini bust. Iím sure heíll look great and will be well done, but (like Yak-Face) he doesnít have any memorable impact on the screen. Heís such a background character that most wonít know who he is. Iíd need to explain who he is to most of my friends. Hammerhead is a good example of a very brief but memorable screen appearance. In my view, Amanaman is not in that league.

But then thatís the beauty of Star Wars, it has a different impact on us all and we all love it in different ways. And I think thatís wonderfulÖ..

But I would prefer mini busts of characters that have made an impact on the film and have memorable screen moments. Iíd buy any of these;
    ∑ Bespin Luke
    ∑ Bespin or Endor Leia
    ∑ Old Han
    ∑ Old Luke
    ∑ Poe Dameron with arms
    ∑ Ponda Baba
    ∑ Rebel Hoth Solider
    ∑ Red Leader
    ∑ Ahsoka
    ∑ Ventress

I also cannot think of an R2D2 in Gentle Giantís mini bust line. So if done well, perhaps that one too.
    Last edited by PurpleLightsaber; 01-19-2018 at 03:40 AM.

I liked the list along with reasons, job well done. Although I have personal favourites on my want list, any original trilogy characters are going to make it into my collection really & the same probably goes for the pretrilogy too.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLightsaber View Post
    At the risk of being a bit controversial, personally I think Amanaman is a poor choice for a mini bust. I’m sure he’ll look great and will be well done, but (like Yak-Face) he doesn’t have any memorable impact on the screen. He’s such a background character that most won’t know who he is. I’d need to explain who he is to most of my friends. Hammerhead is a good example of a very brief but memorable screen appearance. In my view, Amanaman is not in that league.

But then that’s the beauty of Star Wars, it has a different impact on us all and we all love it in different ways. And I think that’s wonderful…
    Thanks for your comment. This coming from someone who wants Amanaman before any other mini bust, and enjoys having background alien and human characters in his collection as unique looking/conversation pieces:

I don't think you are being controversial but rather pleasantly explanatory on why Amanaman is not your choice and why, from your point of view, you feel it is a poor selection. Personally I like reading all opinions with an open mind. I appreciate a collector community where everyone can present his/her opinion without being tagged nor censored. It's the democratic way. As you well put it above:

"...the beauty of Star Wars, it has a different impact on us all and we all love it in different ways. And I think that’s wonderful..."

It is indeed a popular product of sorts, injected into pop culture that, besides its entertaining aspect, has also served a great purpose of uniting folks from all places and different tastes. As long as it is kept that way, it should continue its positive course and never divide us.
    Last edited by LightSword; 01-19-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Collecting: Surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experiences, but it instills a sense of vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

My Feedback , Movie Realization Visual Reviews

A little push for my favorite mini bust to be made. Here's hoping GG is taking the following passionate comments under account:

Quote Originally Posted by jwh1974 View Post
    I'd buy this in a heartbeat, with or without the staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by catch View Post
    WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SexxyDrummerBoy1 View Post
    I hereby nominate Amanaman as the top choice for our next fan’s choice poll! Whose with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxattack106 View Post
    You have my vote a million times over. I would be thrilled with Amanaman in my collection!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534 View Post
    ... I thought GG would also like to know "why" a bust should be made... or not.

Amanaman - Because of the unique characteristics in size and design. He'd look great on the Jabba shelf. (I'm actually really jazzed for this bust now. He's going to be awesome!)
    The comments above, among others in this thread, should be clearly sending a message to GG :

Please, make this darn guy!

Last edited by LightSword; 01-19-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Collecting: Surrounding yourself with what you like enriches not only your visual experiences, but it instills a sense of vitality to your life and uplifts your soul.

Here is another update on the OT mentions so far, after PurpleLightsaber's post:

OT : First Three Places

- Amanaman: 11mentions

- Bespin Luke: 10 mentions

- Ponda Baba, Hoth Rebel Soldier: 8 mentions

OT: Honorable Mentions

- Squid Head, Endor Leia: 7 mentions each

- EV-9D9: 6 mentions

- Dr. Evazan, Biggs Darklighter, Cloud City Pilot, Weequay, Malakili (Rancor Keeper), Ephant Mon : 5 Mentions each

- Red Leader (Garven Dreis): 4 mentions

- Jabba's Skiff guards, Bith set, Admiral Ozzel, and Jon Vader "Gold Leader" : 3 mentions each

* (Mini busts with two or less mentions are not included)

I’d happily buy Amanaman, we got Bib Fortuna & Lobot after years of asking so I’m sure they’re listening & it’ll see the light of day too, it’s a cool minor character & although not on my want list I'd still order it without hesitation (if/when made).
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456