Thread: Re-swampifying Dagobah

Re-swampifying Dagobah

The last of my 3 large floor dioramas that were once flooded, many years ago, finally called to me for a fix: Dagobah. The real water that covered the dio warped the original layer of resin I had for the swamp, so it was time to put a new layer with some color variations rather than just a solid brownish. I did just that, by mixing in a couple different colors before and after I poured it. After it dried, I propped it up on its side so I could drill some holes under Yoda's hut to string in lights. You can also see in this pic where I put some papier mache' for repairs.

After that dried, I painted in some color and drybrushing, tested the lights, and crumpled up some leaves for the ground. Here are several pics of the finished dio, somewhat better than the original effort I think!

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

That looks awesome! It needs a knobby white spider somewhere and possibly some mist. Love the multi-colored water.

Thanks! I thought of trying cotton maybe...
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Lieutenant

•    
    I've allways loved this diorama of yours. Glad you restored & improved it. Nice pics!
    Cheers from The Netherlands, the land where we ever fight to keep out the flooding...
    Do or not do - there is no try.
    Here you can find ALL my Lord of the Rings customs: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92060

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    Thanks! I thought of trying cotton maybe...

I used pillow stuffing (lighter than cotton).
    I had considered using witches hair but that is only sold around Xmas time. It is long silky threads used for snow or tinsle.

That looks great Daigo Bah. I really like what you did in your diorama. :{D
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

One of my faves of your dios--glad you were able to save it!