Thread: Pop-up Saber R2D2

Pop-up Saber R2D2

So Ive been trying to get my hands on the final pieces for my vintage collection lately. I just picked up a near perfect death star droid (which ive been looking for for about 6 years - holy cow those things dont age well), and ive decided to keep with the droid theme and try to pick up a pop-up saber R2.

These things appear to be commanding about $400.00US for a nice one with a saber, and $300+ for ones in a condition I dont even want (on ebay)... The heck is that?!?

Is that actual market price these days, or would i be getting bamboozled if i bought one for that amount?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That is unfortunately the market these days.

AFA 80 is going to be in the $350-$450 range and an AFA 85 is going to be $500+ on most days.

A non-graded loose example, in 80-ish condition, will run you $300-350 easy. I'm sure with patience, you could find a nice example for $250.

Tough figure - Best of luck in your search.
    Last edited by Mike_Z; 12-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Yikes! Better get it soon before it gets out of reach, i suppose.

Thanks Mike.

One of my favorites in the "Last 15" POTF run. Definitely go for it.

It's a beauty MOC.
    Last edited by morrison2951; 12-19-2017 at 01:34 PM.

one just sold the other day above average condition complete for 410
    I sold an afa 85 one last year went bonkers at auction- over 750 I believe it went for
    Last edited by BTD2; 12-22-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Yup ive been following them on ebay too ( all funds stated below are in canadian $$)

Two recent no coin no saber R2's in good condition sold for $195 and $166.

One in good condition with original saber and no coin sold for $552

The one pointed out above in above avg condition with original saber and coin sold for $521

And one mint on an unpunched card with some condition issues (but not that bad - totally displayable) recently sold for $605.

Dont even get me started on the loose AFA ones...

In other news, a fairly nice, ungraded, loose R2 with pop up saber and no coin just sold for $611.00 US on eBay.

Glad I got mine when I did.

I paid $60 for mine + AFA grading fees and shipping. All in all I'm about $100 in on an AFA 85. Glad I bought mine years ago. I think I'll sell it when it hits $1k value in a couple years.
    WTB Boots and Legs
    Feedback me timbers
    "Could you pick a harder focus?" - DarthBerizing

My all-time favorite version of my all-time favorite character! I paid a little over $400 for mine a while back and have since had it graded (came back an 85). I know the prices continue to climb on this piece but if it is something you want, I think you will be happy to own it at any price (well not any price, but you get the point ).
    Last edited by ItsNotMyFault; 01-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.