Thread: Luke Storm Trooper AFA Black Black Blaster

Luke Storm Trooper AFA Black Black Blaster

I want a Luke Storm Trooper with an authentic Black Black Blaster. They have become too expensive for me to buy one MOC on a POTF card. I am looking at buying a graded one. Does anyone know if AFA or CAS require that that Luke Stormy have the Black Black Blaster too be graded? I thought I had read someplace on this forum that AFA wasn't making the distinction. If I buy a graded Luke Stormy, i want some guarantee that it's the black black blaster. I don't want to get into the debate of whether it's the absolute correct blaster for this figure, we have been that horse too death. I want the Black Black Blaster for this figure. Some one just told me this weekend that AFA would not grade a Luke Storm with the Blue Black Blaster. Does anyone know for sure? CAS? Thanks all!

I think AFA never took the blue/blk blaster but they would take the solid grey one w the large epm (because after all these a lot of these were issued out w him)
    If you buy a loose one graded you have no guarantee- unless they have changed it the last few months?
    CAS I am not sure about their policy- but they are accomodating and if you send one in ask them to review blaster and note it as solid black- it will be displayed front and center
    PM if you want the black black blaster- I have an extra I can sell for market price

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    I want a Luke Storm Trooper with an authentic Black Black Blaster. They have become too expensive for me to buy one MOC on a POTF card. I am looking at buying a graded one. Does anyone know if AFA or CAS require that that Luke Stormy have the Black Black Blaster too be graded? I thought I had read someplace on this forum that AFA wasn't making the distinction. If I buy a graded Luke Stormy, i want some guarantee that it's the black black blaster. I don't want to get into the debate of whether it's the absolute correct blaster for this figure, we have been that horse too death. I want the Black Black Blaster for this figure. Some one just told me this weekend that AFA would not grade a Luke Storm with the Blue Black Blaster. Does anyone know for sure? CAS? Thanks all!

Hi there. For CAS, the blaster must be solid black for Luke Stormy. Happy to help you out if you want to make a submission to CAS. Feel free to drop me a pm anytime. Thanks.

Ross

Thanks Ross! I knew you would have the CAS answer! I don't have the figure at all. I had one loose, but I didn't have the helmet or the blaster so i sold it. I am looking to get one, complete, with authentic accessories, but I am not smart enough to see from pics on ebay whether it's a true black blaster or not. A lot of people selling them on ebay are evasive about that as well. I thought "well, if i just buy a graded one, then it has to be a Black/Black Blaster.....right"? That's when i remembered i read something before that said something about AFA grading Luke Stormy's with the wrong blaster. So If I buy a CAS one, I'm good. AFA, maybe, is that where we are? Thanks BTD2 for the officer, but like i said, I need all of it.

Hey BTD2, when you say the solid grey with the epm do you mean the V5 Imperial Blaster on TIG? That one came with some Luke Stormy's? I did not know that. I thought it was Black Black or in some Trilogos, blue/black.

nope V2 on TIG...the v5 has the squared off end of barrell- that is definitely a no go
    i see the v5 a lot on ebay as being the "solid blk" but the squared off end is a giveaway plus if you backlight the top of the barrell is transluscent
    Last edited by BTD2; 12-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.

UKG will only grade solid blacks also.

In my opinion that's a total BS rewriting of history imported from overseas which they are using to 'protect' themselves against litigation, because the trilogos sold over here came with blue/blacks in them as well. Ho hum.
    May you live in interesting times.

That is True I have 6 factory sealed carded Luke Stormtrooper figures on Trilogo and they are all Blue/Black.
    Last edited by DarthMickeyMoose; 12-11-2017 at 10:00 PM.