Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney's acquisition of Fox

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    Lawyers have nothing to do with it. It's far far from approved. So Far that some Fox items are now being removed as part of the so called done deal. Disney is not getting many Fox items including the news division.
    When you say "approval," are you talking about approval from the DOJ Antitrust Division?

And why are you so opposed to this deal?
    Last edited by lister; 12-20-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    it's a done deal.

I read today that Marvel wants nothing to do with the "X-23" spinoff movie currently in production at Fox, so they're cancelling it.

instead they're going to reboot Wolverine ASAP and bring him into the Marvel Universe.
    I had heard about that, and feel very sad. Probably as sad as I do about the way they've killed the SW I loved.

This could have been cool movie. Since Disney is in control now, I'm kind of glad they wont though. Otherwise she'd have been one of their Princess characters, and not the bad*** we saw in Logan. Also sad that we'll never see that type of Wolverine again, not in a Disney Movie. Also fearful of how they'll change Deadpool.

It figures they want to reboot him into the Marvel fold. But TBH, I don't feel that he's missing. It won't feel the same anyways, w/o the core lineup that will be gone after Infinity Wars. Not really that hyped for seeing Wolverine with a bunch of characters I don't know, only to become the leader of Avengers and hog 90% of the screen time...
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Reynolds will not do a lame Deadpool, fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I had heard about that, and feel very sad. Probably as sad as I do about the way they've killed the SW I loved.

This could have been cool movie. Since Disney is in control now, I'm kind of glad they wont though. Otherwise she'd have been one of their Princess characters, and not the bad*** we saw in Logan. Also sad that we'll never see that type of Wolverine again, not in a Disney Movie. Also fearful of how they'll change Deadpool.

It figures they want to reboot him into the Marvel fold. But TBH, I don't feel that he's missing. It won't feel the same anyways, w/o the core lineup that will be gone after Infinity Wars. Not really that hyped for seeing Wolverine with a bunch of characters I don't know, only to become the leader of Avengers and hog 90% of the screen time...

Disney is obviously not above recasting though. And I'm sure they'd rather cast some 20something Disney Star as Deadpool.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    And I'm sure they'd rather cast some 20something Disney Star as Deadpool.
    Based on what? All the twentysomething Disney Stars they've cast in leading roles in the MCU?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123