Thread: My loose run is complete

My loose run is complete

Finished my loose run. It took me under 8 months to finish everything but it's all done with the acquisition of these last 5:

Congratulations on completing the run! So does your set include a Blue Snaggletooth and the Max Rebo band?

What's next on the collecting agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    Congratulations on completing the run! So does your set include a Blue Snaggletooth and the Max Rebo band?

What's next on the collecting agenda?
    Yeah I have all of those. I'm thinking cardbacks (just the cardbacks and not figures on cards) or coins next. I have a few more ships I want also like the Y wing, skiff and imperial shuttle.

Great job on the set! Now on to new items!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

The only one I am missing is Yak Face. Even when I do have the money to buy him, I just cannot get myself to pay $500-600. It also does not help that I am picky and am looking for one in NM/M condition, there is usually wear on the boots, shoulders or hands. And, if there is no wear there, his vest is discolored.
    Last edited by comicalUser; 12-13-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    The only one I am missing is Yak Face. Even when I do have the money to buy him, I just cannot get myself to pay $500-600. I also does not help that I am picky and am looking for one in NM/M condition, there is usually wear on the boots, shoulders or hands. And, if there is no wear there, his vest is discolored.
    I also have the complete run except for Yak Face. I agree that he is too expensive so I tell myself that I will only collect the figures that I could have gotten as a kid. Since he was not release in the US there was no way for me to get him in the 80's. I did not even know he existed then. My collection also includes any "living" creature figure. (Max Rebo, Taun Tauns, Rancor, Trash compactor monster...) I used to have them on display on a shelf downstairs but now the neighbor kids come over to play with my kids and I will find one on the floor. I don't want them to play with one and lose a gun or something so I moved them into a locked glass display case.

Agreed on Yak Face- I have a MOC POTF "Final 15" set and just cannot bear to drop that much coin on even a loose Yak or Anakin for that matter.

Final 15 for the win!

Actually, Yak Face was available in the US in limited quantities on Tri-logo cards in clearance bins at KB Toys back in the 80’s. This was confirmed by me when I picked up a childhood collection that contained a perfect Tri-logo Yak 10 years ago. It had a KB price tag on the card for $1.00.
    my trade feedback
    BIG PURPLE CABLE EATER!

When I first got back into serious collecting about 2 years ago, my first goal was to complete a loose run. I only needed maybe 15 figures, most of which were the last 17. I found that a nice, NM/M loose figure, complete was sometimes as much or more than the same figure MOC. So I gave up on the loose line, and started getting the POTF figures on the card. I made my goal to have one all the figures, complete, in some format or another. I only need a Luke Stormy now. I plan to get a graded one so I am confident of the Blaster type. Congrats on completing the run!