Thread: Marvel's Next 20 Movies - After Infinity War: What's Next?

Marvel's Next 20 Movies - After Infinity War: What's Next?

OK... so I want to talk about what the MCU is going to look like after the Infinity War movies.

Kevin Fiege had THIS to say recently about the next 20 movies they have that will be 'completely different'. But HOW different are we talking. You may read this as 1) a ton of recasting 2) a reboot of the whole continuity 3) New stories set in a multiverse? 4) a whole bunch of new characters... possibly younger and/or slightly different 5) anything else you can imagine...

With THIS news about the Fox acquisition, *(and both of these links are VERY recent) we can expect some of those plans have changed a bit but what do you think?

I'm listing my next 20 movies below following the 3 per year trend until 2021 where I expand to 4 (with Fox in the mix... it should expand)... discuss:

1) Spider-Man Homecoming 2 (it's been announced and is the last movie scheduled in 2019 *prediction Miles Morales introduced)
    2) 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (announced and placed here because)
    3) 2020 - Black Widow (Team up with other female heroes)
    4) 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (vs. Mordo)
    5) 2021 - Black Panther 2 (with teaser of Illuminati)
    6) 2021 - Spider-Man: Sinister Six
    7) 2021 - Captain Marvel 2 (introducing Kamala Khan)
    8) 2021 - Marvel's Champions (Marvel is going to jump right in with what's hot. Ms. Marvel, Cho Hulk, Nova Sam, Miles Morales, and tease of Riri Williams Ironheart) *Nova Richard Rider will appear in the second Infinity War movie leaving his helmet to Sam.
    9) 2022 - Captain America IV (Bucky Cap vs Red Skull)
    10) 2022 - Fantastic 4 (vs Skrulls)
    11) 2022 - Uncanny X-Men (All New)
    12) 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy 4 (Original Guardians... so probably not called GOTG 4)
    13) 2023 - Ant-Man & Wasp 2
    14) 2023 - Spider-Man (Team up movie with New Wolverine)
    15) 2023 - Namor the Submariner (Finally)
    16) 2023 - Secret Invasion (I believe the Capt Marvel Movie with Skrulls will lead to this)
    17) 2024 - Marvel's Champions 2
    18) 2024 - Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons
    19) 2024 - Uncanny X-Men 2
    20) 2024 - New Avengers: Illuminati (vs. Doctor Doom)
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Half of them are at least sequels to some of the newer MCU additions: 2 Spider-Mans, 2 Doctor Stranges, 2 Black Panthers, 2 Captain Marvels, Ant-Man's 3rd movie, and Guardians 3. That leaves 10 that could set up new characters, be some sort of Avengers sequels, or sequels to new characters.

Whatever they are, I want the next really big, watershed Marvel movie to be Secret Wars.

While I always thought Secret Wars would be interesting, it could get very confusing and just well ya. Also a Multiverse seems to confusing. We have to remember that these need to appeal to the average audience, not hard core comic gurus.

I think the landscape will be different simply due to the recasting issues for some of the mains, which means a focus on the new guys/gals. Like Ms. Marvel, NuSpidey, etc. At some point I'm sure they'll have to recast for Cap, Evans can't o him forever. Just like Jackman had to retire Wolverine. People age.

I'll also go on record as saying that not every character needs their own movie.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

THIS is a good article about the future of the MCU.

It's based on what we actually know and what's been said as well as some rumors... which appear to be partially coming true if this FOX thing happens.

They say it will be different, so Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Victoria's Secret? Who knows... but I love speculating.

My top notch sources say the projects include...
    marvel swimsuit calendar the movie
    Spiderman - Trouble
    THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE
    Marvel Flashpoint (Yes THAT Flash)
    What If the series.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    My top notch sources say the projects include...
    marvel swimsuit calendar the movie
    Spiderman - Trouble
    THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE
    Marvel Flashpoint (Yes THAT Flash)
    What If the series.
    Sounds like you've been watching too many Honest Trailers.... haha

I think with my list above the thing I really want to see most is Sinister Six, a good Fantastic 4, and Bucky as Captain America. X-men in the MCU would be fun... like Storm with Black Panther, Iceman and Spider-Man, or Woverine and Hulk, but truly Doctor Doom and Magneto are probably more essential.

I was thinking the same thing about Black panther! lol Would be cool to see Storm incorporated there.

This is strange news indeed, especially to learn they're in advanced talks. Seems like something that has been going on a while, and perhaps that is what Faige meant with some of his Landscape changing comments. I just never thought Fox would give up the Marvel license. Especially as commited as they are to Sinister Six and F4 in the face of questionable movies. But to that end why sell? They're making Money as is.
    And does Disney really need what they have that badly?
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback