Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Cap Bib on eBay

Red Cap Bib on eBay

I am no expert on Red Cape Bibs but I messaged the seller to ask for some info and still have not heard back...

Also seems like AFA did not grade it from the hazy description of the item.. tread lightly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-R...19.m1438.l2649

Can any experts weigh in?
    Last edited by Joba; 12-06-2017 at 08:15 AM.

My general assumption on red cape bibs is they're fake until proven otherwise.

This one raises several flags for me:
    1) the price is way, way too low to be authentic;
    2) its hard to tell, but the stitching on the cape looks like its *exactly* the same colour as the cape.
    3) that baggy doesnt look right to me. Cant put my finger on it, just doesnt look right.
    4) hard to tell, but it looks like paint has worn off of the fingers... like bibs been played with.

Not related to the figure itself:

That acrylic case looks like its almost home made. It may be there partly to obscure details that would otherwise be more obvious.

Its extremely difficult to tell, especially with those blurry photos... which are also red flags in themselves.

I'm reserving judgement on this one, but i would call it as a fake if I had to pick a side. That said, if its a good fake (which you could only know by getting better pics), its totally worth the ~ $100 its listed at in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Twilly; 12-06-2017 at 10:53 AM.

I noticed the fingers as well, for being in a baggy it seems like bib really likes to bite his nails!

Heres another one up on ebay that raises my eyebrows (hope the link works):

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272964200955

Giving links to open auctions is forbidden on this board.

Actually......To be clear, if the auction is live, you may not mention it in any way that makes its presence known unless the sole purpose is to expose scams, fakes or fraudulent auctions. Members who persist in posting auctions and/or ads are subject to having their account suspended by an administrator.

Since this is watch out I am trying to get some information on something that might be fake or fraudulent and also telling others to be careful with that specific auction.... Thanks for looking out though.

•    
    Yep, links to open auctions are okay, when legitimacy is a concern.

That first Bib is fake. Stitching is wrong, and as pointed out, you're not getting that paint wear on the fingers without some smearing on the baggie. Just the fact it started at $100, and has only gone up $26 since then is a major indication the experts are not buying it as legit.

And no, doesn't matter how good a fake it is. $100 would NOT be a good price. At best, it's the value of a loose Bib with staff, minus a deduction for the ruined coat.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Not even worthy of my watch list lol, thanks Ian_C!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    And no, doesn't matter how good a fake it is. $100 would NOT be a good price. At best, it's the value of a loose Bib with staff, minus a deduction for the ruined coat.
    Thats why I added "in my opinion".

Perhaps i should elaborate:

I do not support fakes. I hate that these things exist and that people get bamboozled by them. Its sickening.

I do, however, think that well marked, high quality replicas or customs are great additions to a collection. High quality replicas or customs may need additional items purchased at cost by whomever is making them and can take many hours for someone to create, usually by hand. In my opinion, that extra time and resource cost justifies the item costing more than what the original unaltered item would have cost. $100 for a well made red cape bib - in my opinion - is worth it. Part of the fun of owning something like this is proving its a fake, too. I also totally understand if you think Im nuts for saying that.

My only comment would be that if you get a fake, and you know its a fake, and its a good enough fake that someone might get stung with it in the future - mark it as 'replica' if it isnt already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    Yep, links to open auctions are okay, when legitimacy is a concern.

That first Bib is fake. Stitching is wrong, and as pointed out, you're not getting that paint wear on the fingers without some smearing on the baggie. Just the fact it started at $100, and has only gone up $26 since then is a major indication the experts are not buying it as legit.

Ian

I would have have to disagree with your opening defense, saying it is OK to post Live auctions based on Legitimacy. That opens the door to posting any link to any live auction when a person knows the item is legit, but just wants to promote or sabotage the auction. I think if you know 100% the item is fake, then fine yes, by all means post the link, but if you are unsure, you should be able to message somebody here who could find out the answers for you.
    Heres a situation that could arise. A user posts an auction to something he knows he can’t afford, says he doesn’t know if it’s legit or not and totally screws all potential bidders knowing exactly his intent. Bad idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast