Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflection on 2017 and collecting goals for 2018

1. Start a loose graded collection
    2. Stop by MOCs
    3. In lieu of buying of MOCs, focus on MISB vehicles and play sets.

I feel pretty accomplished. I started my loose collection and am a little over halfway done. I did buy one MOC, Bespin Han, but the price was too good to pass up. I’ve also added some solid vehicles and accessories.

1. Top priority is to finish my loose graded collection. I have knocked out a lot of the expensive pieces but still have a few remaining.
    2. Add another one or two vehicles or play sets.
    3. Start a Lando focus and get a proof card or two.
    Last edited by GAT; 12-07-2017 at 06:38 AM.

2017-

1. Finally got an Early Bird kit, with a standard Luke (non DT).
    2. Got a nice 21 Back Luke X-Wing.

2018-

1. Finish my 21 back MOC run (Need only three).
    2. Hopefully obtain a few more ESB MOCs to complete that run.
    When your face is a prune, action goes BOOM! PRUNEFACE! PRUNEFACE!

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    So my collecting goals for 2017 are quite simple but still very challenging:

1) Add the last R5-D4 proof card to my focus (ESB 48c back Revenge offer)
    2) Add the last R5-D4 cromalin to my focus (POTF)
    3) Add another pre production item to my R5-D4 pre production focus. (Once again not counting EP's, QC stuff or production like photo samples)
    4) Finally get another display set up and be content with what i have got without feeling the need to chase after other new focusses, runs or expensive collecting goals.

Good luck to everyone with their 2017 collecting goals and looking forward to hearing how everyone got on with last years goals!
    Wow this depressing. A big fat 0 out of 4 for me!

For 2018 my goals are much the same...

Find the last R5-D4 proof card and cromalin and get my collection displayed. i'd be happy with just 1 of these :-)
    WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
    Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!
    Looking for R5-D4 POTF Cromalin!!

I've been done with my vintage collecting for a while, but in 2017 I did pick up a few variants, including a nice metallic 2-1B, 8D8 hip circle variant, and a few hair variants for Hoth Leia. There were also a few Micro Collection figures I was missing and found. I had fun finding some vintage Tron, Blackstar, and MOTU stuff this year.

In 2018, my goal is to offload some of the stuff I've lost interest in (nothing vintage, just some modern lines). I also enjoy photographing my collections, and plan on trying to take some artsy photos. I am also thinking about making storage trays that are stackable so that I can easily pull them out and enjoy my collections. Going to start with cardboard and if they work out switch to working with wood. Hopefully I'll spend less money this year and enjoy/appreciate more the items which I already have.

I finally bit the bullet and purchased a loose Yak-Face, Blue Snaggletooth and Amanaman. All I need (for the original 93) is EV-9D9. Seems like a good enough 2018 goal.

I've been on a bit of a break from vintage star wars for about 2 years. I have sold a few pieces here and there, but I have retained almost everything. I bought a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner which has had my focus for the last few years, plus family, house, bills, work... ect ect ect, I think most of you know how this goes. I have payed attention to prices, but since The Force Awakens... my whole outlook on Star Wars has changed. I don't do the facebook, so maybe that is my goal for 2018, connect with people on that medium. I wish all of you luck on your goals!

2018 - Looking for
    Proofs: Bib Fortuna, Snowtrooper, ERG or Leia Endor.
    Uzay: Blue Stars or IG
    Foreign: Snowtrooper items and ERG lili ledy, also loose LL Bib.
    Trilogo: ERG and Bib meccano

I also have some awesome Trades ;-)

I'm ok with getting nothing, but if you know of any of these, hit me up.
    Also trying to meet up with as many as possible.
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

2017 goals that I was able to accomplish:

Able to pick up the early bird figure set at Celebration Orlando

Added a couple more POTF carded figures to my collection.

Scoring Daisy Ridley’s autograph

Meeting up with many friends in our community at Celebration Orlando.

2018 goals:

Adding more carded jawa’s to my jawa focus, especially meccano and LL versions

Hoping to snag my first proof (Han Carbonite and a Jawa proof would be awesome to add).

Add carded POTF Luke Stormtrooper, Imperial Dignitary, Warok, and General Lando to my last 17 carded collection.

Continue to grow and learn as a Star Wars collector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowed down quite a bit this past year due to the price increases on everything common. However, did manage to pick up a few foreign cards and Trilogos at decent prices/trades. I don't see much difference for my goals for 2018, other than to pick up a couple more nice pieces when the opportunities present themselves. Still need a loose Tig Fromm and Droids R2 to complete my loose collection, to which I cannot believe the prices on those currently.

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    Wow this depressing. A big fat 0 out of 4 for me!

For 2018 my goals are much the same...

Find the last R5-D4 proof card and cromalin and get my collection displayed. i'd be happy with just 1 of these :-)
    You're sure not making it easy for yourself. Fingers crossed for 2018. I'm sure you'll be able to display what you got, at least? :-)
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast