Thread: lightsaber woes

lightsaber woes

this is going to be a pretty pointless thread, no doubt to the chagrin of millions, but i have to ask.
    when a lightsaber gets broken do you replace it with the same kind or will any old saber do?case in point
    i was going through my figures i noticed that aayla secura (ep3) and darth maul(sith speeder) both have broken blades.
    at first i thought aayla's blade had simply come free of the handle (its one of those with the removable blade sabers)
    but the peg is broken off in the handle.
    should i try to glue them or look for replacement sabers online?
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    this is going to be a pretty pointless thread, no doubt to the chagrin of millions, but i have to ask.
    when a lightsaber gets broken do you replace it with the same kind or will any old saber do?case in point
    i was going through my figures i noticed that aayla secura (ep3) and darth maul(sith speeder) both have broken blades.
    at first i thought aayla's blade had simply come free of the handle (its one of those with the removable blade sabers)
    but the peg is broken off in the handle.
    should i try to glue them or look for replacement sabers online?
    It might be easier to try gluing them. I've had a few sabres break and I glued them back a few times. As long as they don't get moved around too much, you should be fine.

ok will try it

I'd rather just glue it, but if I have to replace the saber, the handle needs to be the correct one. Not necessarily another copy of the same exact figure, as long as the hilt and blade colour are the same or close enough. I'd rather have a PotF2 Vader saber than a Darth Malak saber for my TVC Darth Vader f.e.
    Check out my handy worksheet file, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till 2017
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name and species, updated till 10-8-2017
    http://www.filedropper.com/starwars18thscaledatabase

il probly have to glue them theres nothing much coming up on ebay..

When i first started reading, I assumed you were talking about a real Lightsaber and what a person would do if it broke. lol

That is my biggest gripe with removable blades, breakage when stored. Though i do like them for the obvious benefit. I have since preferred they release an unlit hilt along with a full Saber with the figure. So that a person can have both w/o the breakage problem.

I have a few broke sabers, and sometimes glue doesn't work well. Fortunately through the years I'm lucky enough to have bought multiple figures, so i just use those extra parts. But I can see the issue with people who only buy one figure.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    When i first started reading, I assumed you were talking about a real Lightsaber and what a person would do if it broke. lol

That is my biggest gripe with removable blades, breakage when stored. Though i do like them for the obvious benefit. I have since preferred they release an unlit hilt along with a full Saber with the figure. So that a person can have both w/o the breakage problem.

I have a few broke sabers, and sometimes glue doesn't work well. Fortunately through the years I'm lucky enough to have bought multiple figures, so i just use those extra parts. But I can see the issue with people who only buy one figure.
    lol that could be a funny topic but i guess we saw enough of that with anakin in aotc.
    last i saw, mauls blade was hanging by thread but aaylas had broken off completely.i guess i can try glue and if that dont work i can hunt up another saber.
    sure maverick if you have it we can try it