Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Toys Vaderís Helmet Replica From TFA

Yes they did a life size Armored Batman and Wonder Woman (I think). Yes Baby Groot as well. And errrrrr,.... a 1:1 Man of Steel Kryptonian Key

Quote Originally Posted by TubaTS2556 View Post
    To be fair, should hot toys follow through, I can't possibly imagine them charging anywhere close to $3k for them, like Prop Shop did
    A big "IF" here because they have a proven history of creating one time exhibition pieces that are never released for retail sale. This is Hot Toys, their prices are always higher than anything similar, along with their quality.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1973 View Post
    RSVP page, same as the 1/6 Falcon cockpit...
    TRDNiteLife's Feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102162/

Quote Originally Posted by TRDNiteLife View Post
    RSVP page, same as the 1/6 Falcon cockpit...
    Well that seals it. Same story as the the 1:6 '66 Batmobile that was shown and never released. Not going to happen.
    My partial collection

I wonder whether this or the EFX version gets release first. Or if both come out at all. Or either.

I'd bet on this one, as it doesn't seem to be a "borrowed" Prop Shop replica being passed off as a prototype. Nevermind the fact that the percentage of Hot Toys' vaporware being tiny compared to some *cough* other companies.

I guess we'll know in a few years. It does look nice.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    A big "IF" here because they have a proven history of creating one time exhibition pieces that are never released for retail sale. This is Hot Toys, their prices are always higher than anything similar, along with their quality.
    Given the current market w/ a lack of quality licensed prop replicas outside the repeat vader helmets, and the ones created by Anovos, I don't think it'd be in their best interests as a business to ignore this particular piece. The fact that Prop Shop was the only ones selling these for an obscene $3k alienated a large portion of the population who genuinely seek to collect these kinds of products, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that there's not a market for this iconic prop from TFA. Prop Shop no longer exists, for quite a few reasons, but the bottom line is no other company is producing this particular piece, and for Hot Toys to simply shelve it would be a stupid move on their part.
    Last edited by TubaTS2556; 11-24-2017 at 08:09 AM.

If HT does not have the license for TFA prop replica,I sure hope they could get a limited region prop replica licensing deal and release this. Maybe say for just HK and China markets. Someone is bound to do parallel import on these for the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Jawa_Fong; 11-24-2017 at 09:45 AM.

It's been a long time since i've seen anything new from Hot Toys, so it's an interesting developement in their licence. Looking forward to seeing what else the come up with. I'm always interested in how this will compare to the Prop Store version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    It's been a long time since i've seen anything new from Hot Toys, so it's an interesting development in their licence. Looking forward to seeing what else the come up with. I'm always interested in how this will compare to the Prop Store version.
    The EFX version that they showed at SDCC 2017 was from the Prop Store digital assets, so essentially Disney is licensing them all from the exact same source. Just the particulars of the 3D printing and finish will be what sets them apart. Perhaps EFX and Hot Toys are sharing the license in the same way that Hasbro did with Sideshow for 1:6. Then Sideshow did with Hot Toys.
    My partial collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12