Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anovos shipping so high!

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    There's no reason to charge a separate handling fee over the shipping costs. Retailers bake it into the price of the item nowadays or just absorb the cost of cardboard. No other online retailer I shop at charges a handling fee, including collectible stores.

Big Bad Toy Store double boxed the AT-AT Driver helmet for me at no additional cost, and their shipping was cheaper than ANOVOS too.

Bottom line: ANOVOS shipping system is flawed and until they change their policies, I will only order from authorized retailers. Namely BBTS.
    Got to love BBTS!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by MyenShi View Post
    There's no reason to charge a separate handling fee over the shipping costs. Retailers bake it into the price of the item nowadays or just absorb the cost of cardboard. No other online retailer I shop at charges a handling fee, including collectible stores.

Big Bad Toy Store double boxed the AT-AT Driver helmet for me at no additional cost, and their shipping was cheaper than ANOVOS too.

Bottom line: ANOVOS shipping system is flawed and until they change their policies, I will only order from authorized retailers. Namely BBTS.

Really: Need. Like. Button.
    Last edited by dlogix; 11-28-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Looks like BBTS is the way to go!

Entertainment Earth is good too, the sales they occasionally have are also pretty good. The clean version Tank Trooper was $349 for Black Friday and they also had the First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot helmet for $399 just prior to that. Both including free shipping. I missed the deal on the TIE helmet unfortunately, really want that helmet.
    Last edited by Scimitar; 11-30-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    The Force Awakens | The Last Jedi | From His Nap
    My Feedback Thread: Click Here

Wow insane deal on that Tie!

It's like they are paying someone to ship it to them before they ship it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by XWINGER View Post
    It's like they are paying someone to ship it to them before they ship it to you!
    In most companies those are called employees, and they are baked into the selling price point.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    In most companies those are called employees, and they are baked into the selling price point.
    Not talking about the cost of labor here, but shipping costs..which are typically not baked into the selling price point of the item....which by the way, is the reason folks are complaining. Shipping is an add-on cost which at Anovos seems unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by XWINGER View Post
    Not talking about the cost of labor here, but shipping costs..which are typically not baked into the selling price point of the item....which by the way, is the reason folks are complaining. Shipping is an add-on cost which at Anovos seems unreasonable.
    Not talking about the actual shipping cost here either. Earlier we were discussing Anovos tacking on an extra handling fee for the shipping box, in addition to the actual carrier shipping fees. I agree the actual shipping carrier is an added expense, preparing the package for shipping should be part of the original product price.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123