Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HELPING OUT: ACE Comic Con - Long Island! December 8-10, 2017!

Thanks for the kind words guys, they are very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by eastlosfinest View Post
    thank you for that excellent report. wow.....im seriously dissapointed. =/ i was up in the air about going to this one, and now im glad i didnt.

But i will be attending AZ, and your last sentence has really got me thinking. =(

IS Chris Evans a ****? will he do personalizations??
    i hope AZ is much smoother. and i hope they let me sign in whatever ink i want. As well as the times, i hope tehy fix all these issues. now im really thinking about not attending.
    I met Chris Evans at Wizard World Philly and I can tell you he was my least favorite Marvel actor to meet. That said, he did do personalizations.
    The thing with Evans is, he doesn't like to be the bad guy that says "No" to a fan. He, too, is one of those A-Listers who hated signing in blue. While he did it for all that I requested it for, it was obvious he didn't want to. He kept trying to switch back to black after every item I had signed (I only had four).

If there was something he didn't want to do, he'd look up at his handler while pointing silently to the quote or character name request and let the handler tell the fan it wasn't going to happen. Fortunately, on my last photo, his handler was busy with the next people in line and Evans' silent pointing wasn't seen by the handler. So, Mr. Evans actually did write the six word quote requested. When I thanked him, all he said was an unenthusiastic, "Sure."

He was nice to the women and kids in line, though...

When you meet him, get there super early. I was in line at his table for a couple hours before he showed up. I think the earlier you are there, the chances of a more pleasant experience will increase.

Also, don't let any of my negative experiences influence who you want to meet. I've heard great things about Ming-Na Wen, but she wasn't very nice to me, the people in front of me, or the volunteer working her table. On the flip side of that, I've heard horrible things about William Shatner, but he's actually in my top 5 people to meet. He's been nothing but kind and engaging with me... So, one person's experience can always be different from the next person's, even at the same convention.

I have never seen Evans be cool in person. Hand him a stack of cash, you would think he could at least pretend. I mean, he is an actor all be it, a poor one but still.

Quote Originally Posted by A_OK View Post
    I have never seen Evans be cool in person. Hand him a stack of cash, you would think he could at least pretend. I mean, he is an actor all be it, a poor one but still.
    Between the costs associated and some of the attitudes of these celebrities, it really does take some of the joy out of collecting...
    I agree with your assessment, too. Even the not-so-good actors could at least pretend to be nice to their fans.

I did a photo op with Evans, Mackie and Stan at WW Philly. All three were seated and Evans was surrounded by the two of them so he didn't have to directly interact with any of the fans. His facial expression in my picture and my friend's picture from that day looked less than enthusiastic.

On the other hand, my Hemsworth and Hiddleston picture was the exact opposite. Both were very friendly and happy to be there with big smiles. Granted, the Thor shot was at the start of the morning and the Cap shot was at the end of a long day... but aren't they used to working long days on set? Besides, I'm not allowed to be a jerk at work towards the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1Kenobi View Post
    I met Chris Evans at Wizard World Philly and I can tell you he was my least favorite Marvel actor to meet. That said, he did do personalizations.
    The thing with Evans is, he doesn't like to be the bad guy that says "No" to a fan. He, too, is one of those A-Listers who hated signing in blue. While he did it for all that I requested it for, it was obvious he didn't want to. He kept trying to switch back to black after every item I had signed (I only had four).

If there was something he didn't want to do, he'd look up at his handler while pointing silently to the quote or character name request and let the handler tell the fan it wasn't going to happen. Fortunately, on my last photo, his handler was busy with the next people in line and Evans' silent pointing wasn't seen by the handler. So, Mr. Evans actually did write the six word quote requested. When I thanked him, all he said was an unenthusiastic, "Sure."

He was nice to the women and kids in line, though...

When you meet him, get there super early. I was in line at his table for a couple hours before he showed up. I think the earlier you are there, the chances of a more pleasant experience will increase.

Also, don't let any of my negative experiences influence who you want to meet. I've heard great things about Ming-Na Wen, but she wasn't very nice to me, the people in front of me, or the volunteer working her table. On the flip side of that, I've heard horrible things about William Shatner, but he's actually in my top 5 people to meet. He's been nothing but kind and engaging with me... So, one person's experience can always be different from the next person's, even at the same convention.

thanks for the heads up. why is he one of your least favorite???

also, what 5 line quote did you have him write?? ive been debating what i want him to write on mine. HOPEFULLY the ACE crew wont do to me what they did to you and take my sticky notes.

ALSO, im hoping TOM HOLLANDS is an easy going person too.

Quote Originally Posted by eastlosfinest View Post
    thanks for the heads up. why is he one of your least favorite???

also, what 5 line quote did you have him write?? ive been debating what i want him to write on mine. HOPEFULLY the ACE crew wont do to me what they did to you and take my sticky notes.

ALSO, im hoping TOM HOLLANDS is an easy going person too.
    No problem!

Mr. Evans is my least favorite because of what I detailed about him above. He had his handler refuse (what I think were) reasonable requests instead of saying “No”, himself, he kept trying to change back to black marker after ever item (when I asked for blue on all of them), and his attitude made it obvious that he didn’t want to interact with male fans over the age of 12...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's nice to kids (he should be); but he should treat all of his fans, kids and adults the same. Especially since the adults are the ones paying him over $150 to sign their items.

The six-word quote was one I was helping out on, but I think it was, “You get hurt, hurt ‘em back.”. My advice for sticky notes, is to have a back-up in case they rip your first one up.

I hope Tom Holland is cool for you, too! I haven’t met him, but I hear he’s been a decent street signer. Although, I also heard that he’s getting more difficult to get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345