Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are they????

Question Who are they????

While browsing on eBay today, I came upon three listings. They are all under different sellers.
    They are:
    https://www.ebay.ca/usr/jiz382455439...p2047675.l2559

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/uad267422467...p2047675.l2559

ttps://www.ebay.ca/usr/lgpg84457260842_0?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The first has had a Blue Snag going for $18.64 USD.

The second has a Palitoy Death Star, complete, for $34.37 USD.

The third has both a Blue and a Red Snag going for $31.17 USD.

Are these guys for real? I've checked out there locations. They are all legit places.
    ???????

Nope. There seems to be a lot of these auctions from China all of the sudden. Seller always has zero feedback, and the item for the price is always too good to be true. Cheap enough that someone would be willing to roll the dice but not expensive enough for paypal or a credit card company to send Jack Bauer after the money. And I'm sure that's what they're counting on.
    There is no such thing as a free lunch.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    Nope. There seems to be a lot of these auctions from China all of the sudden. Seller always has zero feedback, and the item for the price is always too good to be true. Cheap enough that someone would be willing to roll the dice but not expensive enough for paypal or a credit card company to send Jack Bauer after the money. And I'm sure that's what they're counting on.
    There is no such thing as a free lunch.
    i wish i had a free lunch. i am really hungry.

i took a chance on an auction where the low feedback seller from china was selling something for 10 dollars that should have cost 40 or so. after a few weeks i emailed because it hadnt arrived. he promised it was shipped but shipped the slowest method. after the max amount of time the shipment said it should take i put in a claim and got my money back withing 1 hour or so. the seller was already not a registered user anymore, so i am assuming ebay had multiple claims on him.

i took a chance and it didnt cost me anything but time really. i still have not received it

i apologize for how racist this is going to sound but beware of china.
    a few months ago i ordered though amazon a video game from a seller named tatum dontrey they had 0 feedback and said they were in california
    ...until i ordered it then suddenly it was in china. the seller had no storefront and disappeared off of amazon not long after (which i found odd but didnt think about)
    after forever and a day i got a refund. now that doesnt relate to star wars i admit
    but i recently ordered carnor jax and kir kanos from a seller in china on ebay and i got it. they arent all bad just be careful.
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 11-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

I found out trough ebay that the sellers from China have some form of algorithm, giving them the abilities to have multiple user accounts. They use normal id's however, when a sale goes through, the id's become numbers only seen from ebay.

I bought a lego copy for my son and about 2 days after I paid for it, the listing disappeared. I called up ebay demanding my money back seeing how ebay canceled the listing, only to find that it was a seller that had multiple names and accounts. All the names were numbers or mixes of symbols and letters. The item did arrive.

Yes, be careful
    Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

I wish Ebay would police these listing better. They are popping up left, right and center in graded searches and are usually just replications of existing auctions from real sellers. I would love to get an AFA 85 Farmboy Luke for $30.00 but if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

Hopefully people aren't stupid enough to fall for those fake auctions?! I am sure there are some though that are. I try to flag them when I have time but that isn't very often. Hopefully others are as well.
    --
    ICT - Ion-Cannon Technician Class III
    LimeLight
    Feedback

I was flagging them at first too but now there are too many to fool with.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT View Post
    I wish Ebay would police these listing better. They are popping up left, right and center in graded searches and are usually just replications of existing auctions from real sellers. I would love to get an AFA 85 Farmboy Luke for $30.00 but if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...
    No kidding.

I understand this issue might only be affecting a very niche segment, but eBay could at least issue a statement via eBay message to raise awareness. I still can't wrap my head around why people continue to purchase these items?? There were 15-20 completed listings last night showing a sale of AFA graded items selling for $20-30... come on people...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast