Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original One Sheets

The original question from Jedi_Matt I believe had to do ANH, not newer releases or the prequals. I say this because he said "Version A" is in the corner of the poster. (A lot of people accidentally use the term Version-A and Style-A interchangeably).
    And though all the SW movies have a few different posters for each movie, (versions), ANH is the only movie where the words, "Style A" is literally printed in the corner of the poster.
    Of course I love Star Wars! Anything Star Wars. Especially talking Star Wars.....
    I collect original theatrical posters. But original, theatrical Star Wars posters are my niche; I love movies! Especially older movies! (Not a fan of horror though); I also enjoy playing and watching sports, books, and whatever.....

Quote Originally Posted by StarFall View Post
    The original question from Jedi_Matt I believe had to do ANH, not newer releases or the prequals. I say this because he said "Version A" is in the corner of the poster. (A lot of people accidentally use the term Version-A and Style-A interchangeably).
    And though all the SW movies have a few different posters for each movie, (versions), ANH is the only movie where the words, "Style A" is literally printed in the corner of the poster.
    Yes but I'm not aware of original star wars posters being double sided. At least none of my 10 or so are.

Quote Originally Posted by StarFall View Post
    My original Empire and Jedi poster has Style B printed in the white border as well. I'd have to go look at all the ones I have to see if it is absent on some.

None of my original trilogy posters are double sided. I don't know when the industry switched to double sided posters. My guess is it was somewhere around 1985. I once had a BTTF II poster and it was double sided.

That being said, I have a Special Edition ESB poster that is single sided and that came direct from the theater. Must have been the end of a run or something.

-Eric
    Last edited by astroeric; 02-16-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astroeric View Post
    My original Empire and Jedi poster has Style B printed in the white border as well. I'd have to go look at all the ones I have to see if it is absent on some. None of my original trilogy posters are double sided. I don't know when the industry switched to double sided posters. My guess is it was somewhere around 1985. I once had a BTTF II poster and it was double sided.
    That being said, I have a Special Edition ESB poster that is single sided and that came direct from the theater. Must have been the end of a run or something.
    This is correct.
    Also, there is a version of ESB that has Style B written in the corner, there is also a B version that is blank. There is also a version of ROTJ that has Style B written in the corner, there is also a B version that is blank. (In short, NSS vs. Studio)...
    However, this is about Style A. Again, there is no other SW poster that has "Style A" written in the corner except for ANH.
    ---

In regards to double sided, he never said he was looking for a double sided original trilogy. I think it was a blanket statement saying that heís been looking for posters since the prequel came out. But at the same time, he also referenced (so it seems), the Style A, New Hope poster.

But just to make sure, double-sided original trilogy posters donít exist, I donít think anyone is disputing that. Second, (as in my original post), fakes have always been around. So even if itís a newer poster AND its double-sided, it doesnít mean anything. (For example Iíve seen fake TFA and fake TLJ posters). So regardless of what movie it is, or whether itís double-sided or not, or whether it has an NSS number on it, it doesnít mean anything- there are still fakes out there. Hence, you need to know what to look for, and the fake variations vary from poster to poster.
    ---

In regards to double sided- There were a few double sided posters that were made in the 60's, but they weren't used with the same type of paper we use today. There was also a Mall poster for Back to The Future ('85) that was double sided. In regards to what we are use to today, with making it a translucent, reverse image for the lightbox, and the type of paper- Biloxi Blues ('88) is known as the first, true, double-sided One Sheet. From that point on, (1988), the industry then slowly started to switch over, (it took about 5 years, but some companies longer). During each companies "gap", you therefore could just as easily find a double sided or single sided poster of the exact same title from that company.
    Of course I love Star Wars! Anything Star Wars. Especially talking Star Wars.....
    I collect original theatrical posters. But original, theatrical Star Wars posters are my niche; I love movies! Especially older movies! (Not a fan of horror though); I also enjoy playing and watching sports, books, and whatever.....

Wow - a lot happens when you get a new house and don't drop by the forums!

I am, actually, looking for newer posters (TFA, R1, TLJ). My reference to "Version A" was off the special edition posters, which is what I currently have on the walls, along with the prequels. I haven't opened the frames in a while, so I don't know what is or isn't double-sided, but it seems to me to be a better indicator of better odds that I'm getting something of quality.

I'll check in to the Disney site, as well as eMoviePoster. I appreciate the help!

Thanks - Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12