Thread: WTB: Star Wars Trilogy (3 in 1 Edition)(1989) Hardcover

WTB: Star Wars Trilogy (3 in 1 Edition)(1989) Hardcover

Hey guys! I'm looking for a good or better, first print, hard cover copy of the Classic Star Wars Trilogy 3-in-1 Edition released in 1989. Does anyone have one that they are willing to part with or know where I could find one? Thanks for the help!!!

Does anyone own a copy of this omnibus? I can't find it anywhere other than the Jedi journals archive and wookieepedia. When I search for the book using the ISBN, all I've been able to find is a white covered turtle shell edition from 1987. It is cool, but not what I'm looking for. I've never had this much trouble tracking down a book before. If someone who owns it could post a pic of the cover and copyright page, I'd be very grateful. It would also give me the reassurance that I'm not searching for a ghost Thanks guys.

Here's a pic of that turtle shell cover:

I could be wrong but I don't think the Classic Star Wars logo was used until the 1990's. I bought the trilogy books and the Han Solo books in between the first and second Zahn books and there was no Classic Star Wars logo on them at that time. I don't think the books got labeled with that until after the Dark Horse Classic Star Wars series started up in 1992.

Maybe your right Bill, but I'm just not sure. Here's a picture of the copyright page from a paperback edition with the same black cover from my original post. It says from May 1987. It is a 9th printing, so maybe they changed the cover at some point and this version did come out in the 90's. Either way, I cant find ANY copies or physical existence of a hardcover trilogy omnibus before the SFBC edition. I'm starting to go crazy, but at least its an exciting hunt hahaha. Sorry for the size of the pic, I had a hard time trying to make it smaller.

Last edited by starfighter58; 11-13-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: photo troubles

Still looking for any info on this book. The Star Wars Essential Reader's Companion says that Classic Star Wars Trilogy was released in May 1989 as a hardcover and trade paperback, but I can still find can't find any physical proof of this book. The Reader's Companion only has covers and publication history (for anyone not familiar), no ISBN, so I have nothing to confirm the ISBN I've been searching for is actually legit. I'm hoping somebody out there has a copy of this to confirm it exists.

I'm still searching for this book. I've found absolutely nothing haha. Anyone else have any luck? Or does anyone new to the forum have any info on this book? Thanks guys!