Thread: how to fix yellowing stormtroopers?

how to fix yellowing stormtroopers?

for some reason my comm tech stormtrooper has a big yellow blotch on his chest.
    but all my other storm sand and snowtroopers are fine

You can go down the route of bleaching. Toy Polloi on YouTube has a good tutorial. However, the ethics of doing it are debateable. If you ever sold your collection you should be clearly marking that the figure has been bleached. It is also unknown how bleaching will affect the plastic down the road.

Chris
    Wanted: VINTAGE COLLECTION: C-3PO. Still got a Vinage Wedge & Gammy to trade.

My Feedback Thread

Putting them in a glass jar of hydrogen peroxide and letting them sit in the sun for a few days work to a degree. It seems to work better on vintage plastic than the more modern figures.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

ok it isnt that noticable i think i'll nick name that storm trooper "hot dog" cuz it looks like he spilled mustard on his armor. and then put him under sabine wren's command( cuz i have to work in the bsg reference somehow)

i'll consider the peroxide though it can be like a bacta tank that really stinks :p

To be clear the method I'm talking about is using Hydrogen Peroxide, the stuff that comes in a brown bottle that is used for sterilizing cuts and such. Not peroxide bleach. I don't know what that would do and have never tried it myself.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

yeah i know what you mean i have seen that bottle many times as a child when i would get hurt cuts etc. i doubt ill try it either but ill keep the option open.

oh doi i had my wires crossed i was thinking of vinnegar when i was talking about stench. (derps out the imperial march) derp derp derp derp de derp derp der derp :p

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    yeah i know what you mean i have seen that bottle many times as a child when i would get hurt cuts etc. i doubt ill try it either but ill keep the option open.
    If the item is REALLY yellow you can upgrade from the cut/hurt 3% peroxide that your speaking about or use the gooey Hair Salon type thats like 30% in a bottle. We use brushes to apply it and wrap the item up in saran wrap and leave it in the sun for a day or 2 similar to the mason jar/Peroxide backta tank. lol
    I ramble with some friends about Star Wars collecting.

Also, I buy repros to rub them on my man parts for health reasons.

ok ill consider that too. another guy i talked to told me i could just buy another ct stormtrooper since on amazon they aren't pricey.
    i actually hadn't even thought of that. the prices go all over the place on the secondhand market. most atats go for 300 to 500$ but you can buy an eu speeder bike new in the box for 7 $ or a potf speeder bike for near retail price (about 14$)
    i got potf hoth leia a last month for 7$. while i see skiffs and tie bombers going for like 60 to 80$