Thread: Quick question re Vader FX Lightsaber

Quick question re Vader FX Lightsaber

Got the Master Replica FX lightsaber. Been boxed up in my bedroom for a while. Noticed today when showing it to someone that the handle was 'tacky' where the rubber strips are on the handle/hilt. Anyone else had this issue? Wondered if there was something I could do to clean it up / prevent this from happening?
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

It happens. I used some stuff called Goo B Gone and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight49 View Post
    Got the Master Replica FX lightsaber. Been boxed up in my bedroom for a while. Noticed today when showing it to someone that the handle was 'tacky' where the rubber strips are on the handle/hilt. Anyone else had this issue? Wondered if there was something I could do to clean it up / prevent this from happening?
    Goo Gone are then you are good!
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Last edited by Sergiu; 10-22-2017 at 02:34 AM.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

I just Goo Gone mine like a week ago. Removed that sticky rubbery layer

I had that happen on mine a few years ago. I used some sort of armor-all car care product. Canít remember if it was just plain armor-all or some other product under that brand name, but whatever it was is was specifically a conditioner for rubber, plastic, vinyl and such. Worked great.

goo gone will clean it up, but wonít treat the underlying problem which is the oils leeching out as the rubber breaks down. Using a conditioner will actually help preserve it longer.
    Last edited by canofhumdingers; 10-24-2017 at 09:06 AM.