Thread: Need some help with Kenner Star wars and a lot of others as well

Need some help with Kenner Star wars and a lot of others as well

I have come across a large lot of older toys. I am in need of help going through these to make sure I can make as many complete sets / figures. As much as I enjoy them they need to get in the right hands and taken care of properly. The problem I am running into is that there is so much to go through and even though I played with almost all of this as a kid I cant identify everything. My thought was to pay someone to come over and help sort this mess out, it seems to difficult to do it online. Im just looking for some advice as well as a guesstimate of value on the star wars items. Any help is greatly appreciated!

LINK to slideshow
    Last edited by Jarjarslayer; 10-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.

as far as the star wars figures go there are no weapons or super rare figures- you have a couple hundred bucks worth of figures- and 1-200 bucks in the ships.
    just my opinion but dont think it warrants paying someone to tell you about that

Quote Originally Posted by BTD2 View Post
    as far as the star wars figures go there are no weapons or super rare figures- you have a couple hundred bucks worth of figures- and 1-200 bucks in the ships.
    just my opinion but dont think it warrants paying someone to tell you about that

In the last few pictures there is a box that is filled with accessories. I took a quick look and found a yoda snake, blaster and landos cape. This is where I need some help, there are 15 boxes of accessories in this one box that NEED to be matched up so these items are not lost. Is there a visual list of original accessories for the 1977-84 figures that I could reference? Even If I payed someone $50-75 for 2 hours of just some basic sorting I figured it would be beneficial to the community, or is this an unreasonable / unrealistic price?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarjarslayer View Post
    In the last few pictures there is a box that is filled with accessories. I took a quick look and found a yoda snake, blaster and landos cape. This is where I need some help, there are 15 boxes of accessories in this one box that NEED to be matched up so these items are not lost. Is there a visual list of original accessories for the 1977-84 figures that I could reference? Even If I payed someone $50-75 for 2 hours of just some basic sorting I figured it would be beneficial to the community, or is this an unreasonable / unrealistic price?
    Search Google with the name of each figure and you'll see the matching accessories. The info is out there on the Internet and very easy to find, no need to pay anyone to do that job.

yojoe.com will help with the gi joe stuff, theres a whos weapon finder in there that lets you describe the part then narrows it down with pictures. i always wished someone would do this for all toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    yojoe.com will help with the gi joe stuff, theres a whos weapon finder in there that lets you describe the part then narrows it down with pictures. i always wished someone would do this for all toys.
    Thank you for the info. Some if these boxes are really full and the time that that It would take me to accurately google every single figure and dig through a pile to MAYBE find the right item is more time than I have unfortunately. I knew that this wouldn't be an easy process but I still have hope that I can get them put together correctly.

Heres 1/3rd of the accessories I need to go through. This is why im feeling a little overwhelmed with just simply randomly searching things that I may or may not know. I have somewhat of a grasp on the basics but between starwars, gi joe, transformers, mirco machines, TMNT, ghost busters, batman, and many more its a little much. I feel like these are the items people care most about... the lost accessories to are never to be found again and I feel like it would be a shame to not to do this right... Am I wrong? should I just throw some **** together hope for the best and dump the rest in the trash?

•    
    Where are you located? That would help getting someone to help you in person.

There are a TON of weapons in there. Quite a few SW, quite a few GI Joe, and several from other toy lines.

If time is an issue for you, one thing people have done in the past is lay them all out on some paper in an organized manner (ie. lined up in rows). Then write a number above each one. You will have plenty of people saying things like 2nd row, #17, is ******. If you're not willing to do this, then it will be very difficult to obtain the info you're looking for.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    Where are you located? That would help getting someone to help you in person.

There are a TON of weapons in there. Quite a few SW, quite a few GI Joe, and several from other toy lines.

If time is an issue for you, one thing people have done in the past is lay them all out on some paper in an organized manner (ie. lined up in rows). Then write a number above each one. You will have plenty of people saying things like 2nd row, #17, is ******. If you're not willing to do this, then it will be very difficult to obtain the info you're looking for.

Ian
    In the Tampa FL area. The laying out on paper with numbers is a simple great idea and it never crossed my mind... I get these laid out and hopefully get some input. Thanks for your help!

This will help you identify the Star Wars weapons. I'm not sure how big you will be able to enlarge the image, but the number is listed down at the bottom with what figure the weapon goes with.