Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Replicas ANH Vader dual signature AP

Quote Originally Posted by PURPLERAGE03 View Post
    this is where having the actual packaging that states its an artist proof comes in handy...
    Also with EFX the COA is labeled AP on the outer sleeve. Good point there James!
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

I saw that too. If you zoom in on some of the pictures For the listing, you can see the documentation / boxes say limited edition and not Signature Edition. For sure not an original SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjobearwalker View Post
    I saw that too. If you zoom in on some of the pictures For the listing, you can see the documentation / boxes say limited edition and not Signature Edition. For sure not an original SE.
    The MR props that were SE were actually marked as SE on their copyright notice on the physical prop, not just the packaging. This would be easy to spot if needed.

In this case not an actual dual signature AP, just a LE that has a custom plaque with two signatures added after the fact. The signatures could very well be legit, but nothing else is.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by PURPLERAGE03 View Post
    this is where having the actual packaging that states its an artist proof comes in handy...
    If they can make custom plaques that look exactly like the originals these days, they could definitely change/modify the packaging if necessary (a sticker stating AP like a real one, could be easier to make than a plaque). And in the end that collectible is nothing more than the regular collectible with an AP plaque. Unlike other companies where AP might mean something, MR and EFX props are no different compared to the regular versions, just have this AP plaque (not discussing here the protos, because those could indeed be a something else). In a way there is a similar story with the low edition numbers, where there are still people believing that having a low number means that particular prop was made in earlier stages of production - in fact, so far from true. But if collectors want to give more money for AP and low edition numbers, no problem, spend away.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

In a perverse world, discard the actual props and just collect the AP and low edition number plaques.
    My partial collection

High Admiral

Somehow I can't see the pic of the custom plaque. Can someone repost? I'm very curious as I had an ANH Vader Dual SE before.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3yhdZi1HDMghARYX2

See if this works. Photo bucket keeps doing that to all my pics and don't know how to fix it. Or does anyone recommend another photo sharing site?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe26 View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/3yhdZi1HDMghARYX2

See if this works. Photo bucket keeps doing that to all my pics and don't know how to fix it. Or does anyone recommend another photo sharing site?
    I've been using ImageShack for well over a decade with no issues ever.
    My partial collection

Thanks Shadow. imageshack is great
    Last edited by gabe26; 10-21-2017 at 11:18 PM.

High Admiral

Thanks Gabe. Looks like the seller relisted as the original buyer backed out (as he should!). It's a clean looking plaque for sure and if I was uninformed, I would definitely think it's real. I decided to have fun and ask him about the COA since the real SE CEO for this lightsaber has a picture of James Earl Jones and David Prowse signing the plaques.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Repl...oAAOSwFWVZolQo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12