Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Grading Company

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    This conversation does raise an interesting point; what happens when one of the big boys does close? What if AFA, for whatever reason goes out of business. Would that diminish the perceived value that some attribute to graded items? Would you then take your AFA graded items and have them regraded by a company still in business?
    It raises another interesting point: what real value (monetary value) does third-party grading add to your items? To me: none.

This conversation does raise an interesting point; what happens when one of the big boys does close? What if AFA, for whatever reason goes out of business. Would that diminish the perceived value that some attribute to graded items? Would you then take your AFA graded items and have them regraded by a company still in business?
    CAS would be glad to take all those items for regrading if and when that day comes.

This conversation does raise an interesting point; what happens when one of the big boys does close? What if AFA, for whatever reason goes out of business. Would that diminish the perceived value that some attribute to graded items?
    Good question. If any of the grading companies were to go out of business it might mean that verifying their serial numbers would no longer be possible. That's unlikely to be a problem if you've owned the piece for a while, but I think it would affect confidence if you're looking to buy the piece and there is no way of confirming its legit at the time of the sale.

Would you then take your AFA graded items and have them regraded by a company still in business?
    Grading is useful at the point of buying or selling IMO. If you already own the piece and you intend to keep it then there is no need to risk shipping the item just to regrade it by a different company.

How can you verify serial numbers with AFA? I looked on the web site to no avail. Can someone please add a link?
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    Brody, stop making sense.

You know that McDonald's is the king of fast food burgers. All these wannabes, like Burger King, Wendy's, In and Out, etc., are just a sign that the market for fast food burgers has reached its peak, and the crash is inevitably just around the corner.

Ian
    I hear about these other websites from time to time trying to take business away from amazon- must mean online shopping is hitting a peak too- im gonna cancel my prime before the dominoes start to fall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123