Thread: Action Fleet TIE Experimental Project from X-Wing Alliance

Action Fleet TIE Experimental Project from X-Wing Alliance

I've started working on more Action Fleet customs. This is the TIE Experimental Project from the video game X-Wing Alliance. It's one of my favorite games so to be doing some customs from the game is pretty special to me. In the second Rebel Campaign you take on a TIE Experimental Project only seen in XWA. However I believe the the TIE M3 (Interceptor with missile tubes on the sides) were seen in Battlefront. I forget which Battlefront however. A seller from Shapeways was kind enough to make the parts for me. I had to send him numerous measurements and in-game pics of the crafts, so big shout out to him.

Here are the parts so far. They will all be primed before painting. The TIEs will be repainted as well, so all the colors match.

So far I have completed 2 out of the 5 Experimental TIEs. First is the TIE Experimental M5, aka TIE Booster. The entire TIE, along with the booster part was repainted with a light blue. I think the blue I'm using matches the game's color for the TIEs very well.

Here is TIE Experimental M2, aka TIE BigGun. Same technique as before - entire TIE painted with a light blue, as well as the guns on the side.

More to come!

I loved X-Wing Alliance, and these look great. Can't wait to see them all completed. What type of paint are you using ? It looks perfect and I've been trying to find a paint to use on my bandai TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor models.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatta View Post
    I loved X-Wing Alliance, and these look great. Can't wait to see them all completed. What type of paint are you using ? It looks perfect and I've been trying to find a paint to use on my bandai TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor models.
    Thank you! I'm using Warhammer Games Workshop Paints, and the color I'm using is Fenrisian Gray. It is a layer and not a base, so its a bit watery. I dumped a little bit of the water out to get to the thicker paint.

Are you looking to have both the TIE Fighter and Interceptor the same color? Sometimes they depict the Interceptor a darker color, and if you're going that route I would recommend Caledor Sky. That color is a base so it wont be too watery.
    Last edited by Goldleaderone; 09-23-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Excellent customs; they look great. Keep 'em coming!

Those look great! I never played the games but I appreciate good customs.

Still working on these, rather slowly. When I finish painting an entire TIE Fighter and look to see I have to paint 2 or 3 more I'm like really? lol.

TIE Experimental M4 aka TIE Bomb is about 90% complete. Just have to finish the cockpit window area and touch up the wings.

That looks like a very nice model! What about some Episode III Custom Action Fleet Vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    That looks like a very nice model! What about some Episode III Custom Action Fleet Vehicles?
    Thanks! I don't collect or make anything from the prequels. I could never get into them.