Thread: Sideshow probedroid with snow base Please Read!

Sideshow probedroid with snow base Please Read!

I'm looking for anyone who may have the probedroid version with the snow base. If so I am willing to pay for overnight shipping to and from. I just need someone who is willing to let me borrow one for a few days to make a cast for mine to go over my basic black base. It will be returned in the exact condition it was recieved and I can mail it back no later than a couple days. And if a memeber is willing to do this for me I'm willing to make a few extras and paint them as eel for free cor a few members who have the newer version like myself.

Worth a shot

I suppose if you don't ask, you'll never know, however I think many collectors like the snow base distinction between the 1st edition having one and the re-release, not having one.

Why not turn your snow base quest into a fun arts and crafts project for yourself?
    You can sculpt one for yourself, rather than hope someone will loan their property out so you can make replicas.

I'm making myself a Kenner style jumbo Dewback, because GGLTD are never going to make one - and if they did would likely be out of my price range.
    It'll take me a year, because it'll be 3 feet long - but I'll get there in the end.
    Last edited by Palitoy_DS_1971; 09-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.

I agree with what your saying def not trying to make replicas or anything even close i just need the ability to have the proper measurements but i hear what your saying regarding differentiating the first release from the
    Second, i did put some thought about that before asking but figured i would jist paint it differently and addsome variations but mostly needes the proper circumference ans height etc... im not the best sculpture but great with painting and detailing. Just yhought id take a shot and ask. I also thought ot might helpmfor tjose who may have a broken or misplaced one like the speeder bikes i know many have a few missing rocks or ground pieces so it would help to replace the miaaing part. But in fairness i appreciate if it could be missconstrued as a replica or even used for reselling etc.. but mine just looks too black. Woth no dimension and was hoping i could just make a simple version to give it a nicer look. Thank you for the input and def looking forward to seeing the dewback even if its a yr from now.

Have you asked SIDESHOW?
    If any of us lose parts or break things, it's the first port of call.
    They might be willing to find you a part if you offered to pay for it. They always keep a few spares or "samples" in their HQ.

You might have to ask more than once, they will be reluctant to help, but insist if you really feel you want one and offer to buy it - don't expect a freebie.
    They're not under any obligation to help as you did not buy the first edition, so technically you got what you paid for with the 2nd release, but give it a shot and see what they say.
    Email them via their website and request a spare part.

It's got to be easier than making a multipart silicone mold and doing all that resin work...

Best of luck.

You might also get in trouble for recasting their stuff, especially if you want to sell further.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Yeah I think I might just try giving them a call and see but as you mentioned they are quit reluctant I collect mostly hot toys for obvious reasons but theres just some places were sideshow goes that hottoya does not so you have no choice but to purchase sideshow items and with that said I purchased a diorama from.them a few yrs back that was clearly misspacked and missing a vital piece I eventually recieved it but it was like pulling teeth and although they may not have seen it as vital to me it was. It was a jabba throne set and the various little dishes were misspacked and the partial carpet that he rests on was missing it looked weird compared to all tbe pieces ive seen on display I was actually told to just buy abpuece of cloth but insaid if I paid for it and didn't receuve it why can't I just get the correct one instead of trying to chase down something that looks close to it .well that's were I was left apprehensive to ask for any further assistance but can't hurt to try. And I Fed think they would frown on theyre stuff being re sold for sure but I had nonplans of reselling for example if I was to ever trade or sell the piece on it would be as is or as recieved. Without a custom base if I was to male it myself or without a base if I did end up casting one to fit over that would be for my display only but Fed some interesting feedback that I didn't initially think about when looking at my ESB figure display and just looking for more depth and detail. Thank you all for the input. I know tgeyre are many other forums but I do wish we had a largern1/6 community here in general just for everyday discussion on things like this but I would def love to see some others custom made bits and pieces feel free to show some pics. I buy only what I like so I purchase with no intent to sell on so when getting the snowtrooper two pack and seeing they were bothnthe same I was able to color match almost 90% to the "dirt" and "wear" and paint then to look like two diff battle work outfits if anyone is interested I can post pics. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Bolbafett View Post
    Yeah I think I might just try giving them a call and see but as you mentioned they are quit reluctant I collect mostly hot toys for obvious reasons but theres just some places were sideshow goes that hottoya does not so you have no choice but to purchase sideshow items and with that said I purchased a diorama from.them a few yrs back that was clearly misspacked and missing a vital piece I eventually recieved it but it was like pulling teeth and although they may not have seen it as vital to me it was. It was a jabba throne set and the various little dishes were misspacked and the partial carpet that he rests on was missing it looked weird compared to all tbe pieces ive seen on display I was actually told to just buy abpuece of cloth but insaid if I paid for it and didn't receuve it why can't I just get the correct one instead of trying to chase down something that looks close to it .well that's were I was left apprehensive to ask for any further assistance but can't hurt to try. And I Fed think they would frown on theyre stuff being re sold for sure but I had nonplans of reselling for example if I was to ever trade or sell the piece on it would be as is or as recieved. Without a custom base if I was to male it myself or without a base if I did end up casting one to fit over that would be for my display only but Fed some interesting feedback that I didn't initially think about when looking at my ESB figure display and just looking for more depth and detail. Thank you all for the input. I know tgeyre are many other forums but I do wish we had a largern1/6 community here in general just for everyday discussion on things like this but I would def love to see some others custom made bits and pieces feel free to show some pics. I buy only what I like so I purchase with no intent to sell on so when getting the snowtrooper two pack and seeing they were bothnthe same I was able to color match almost 90% to the "dirt" and "wear" and paint then to look like two diff battle work outfits if anyone is interested I can post pics. Thanks again
    Woah!

That was painful to read mate.

Ever heard of paragraphs?
    Last edited by Falcon_Gunner; 09-23-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Lol Sorry when I'm on my mobile its very hard to see if its phrasing properly also many spelling errors.