Thread: Star Wars Droid Factory R5-013, R2-C2, R5-S9 and R5-P8 (Clone Wars)

Star Wars Droid Factory R5-013, R2-C2, R5-S9 and R5-P8 (Clone Wars)

I'm not a Star Wars Droid Factory collector, but I saw that they were releasing R5-013, R2-C2, R5-S9 and R5-P8 in a Clone Wars themed set, so I'm curious if any other CW focused sets exist, as its one of my favorite SW eras to collect. Likewise, what is the pricepoint for this set at Disney?

If referring to. http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogall...0/IMG_9436.PNG then this was released back in spring and is the only cw themed one so far. A D-squad set would be neat as,well

$30 in parks.

The Disney store at
    Orlando International Premium Outlets, 4951 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819

Had the R1 set for $15. Now that the BB-8 set is out I think this one will soon go on clearance.

Ok cool, I ordered one on ebay for $22 shipped, which I figured was a good deal, at only $5.50 per figure. I haven't received it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping I don't feel the urge to buy more, because I know dozens of Disney BADs exist, and I cant imagine tracking them all down!

What this set said to me was that you don't need a specific mold to release multiple Droids with only one having the bar/drinks.
    Which makes the EE set an even BIGGER slap in the face!

I agree that we do need a D-Squad set!
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

True, although I would say that the drinks tray that comes in this set is too big by quite a margin. I swapped mine for the version that came with the Hasbro R2 mold (the one none of us are crazy about and which Hasbro used for the EE set MF refers to), having scored a bunch of them relatively cheaply a few years ago. It fit just fine despite that R2 sculpt being slightly smaller than the BAD version, and in my opinion looks much better.

Ditto on D Squad. That was what Mr Pawlus originally pitched/asked for when developing the EE set, from what I understand, but he was turned down.
    Last edited by ReverendStrone; 09-20-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Well, I hope the poor performance of that set teaches them a lesson in listening to someone's 1st instinct.

I know Hasbro isn't out anything, they already got their Money. It's EE who is on the hook for all the unsold units. But perhaps it might tell Hasbro people are looking for something a little different than their cookie cutter molds.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback