Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Disney Parks Rey FX Lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    I'm very surprised that Hasbro went back to the fixed blade design. For a couple years, all their blades were removable. I was under the impression that everything made today, with exception of the Kylo Ren saber came standard with a removable blade.
    Hasbro hasn't released a FX saber with removable blades in the "Black Series". It's been awhile since a removable saber and they've held their values pretty well.
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by rnbuda View Post
    Hasbro hasn't released a FX saber with removable blades in the "Black Series". It's been awhile since a removable saber and they've held their values pretty well.

Thanks for the info. I really had no idea the blades were no longer removable. I recently bought a Hasbro Signature Series Obi-Wan saber with removable blade from a friend of mine. I was a bit hesitant because he was asking almost retail. I was thinking to myself I could just go buy one off the shelf. Now that I know they discontinued the removable blade, I'm very happy I bought it from him!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I really had no idea the blades were no longer removable. I recently bought a Hasbro Signature Series Obi-Wan saber with removable blade from a friend of mine. I was a bit hesitant because he was asking almost retail. I was thinking to myself I could just go buy one off the shelf. Now that I know they discontinued the removable blade, I'm very happy I bought it from him!
    If you paid close to retail you got a deal.

Hey guys, I just got back from Disney World and thought I would add some info I found out about these for anyone who is trying to get them. The Kylo saber is all over the place, several stores at Disney Springs and stores like Merchant of Venus in Magic Kingdom have them in addition to Hollywood Studios. It is pretty easy to come by. Rey's saber, however, is exclusive to Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios. No other store in the entire park carries it. If you want one you will want to go first thing in the morning to Launch Bay and secure it. They sell out within a few hours. Hope this helps.

Kebron was able to acquire a Kylo lightsaber for me. Thank you very much! Appreciate it!

Here’s some pictures and comparisons with the Rey saber:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylo saber looks fantastic.
    My friend was at Launch Bay last night around 9 and they had a full display of the Rey saber so he was able to grab one for me.
    A smart man knows a tomato is a fruit. A wise man knows not to put a tomato in a fruit salad.

What makes them 'stand-up' in their tiny display bases? It looks like they're leaning over a lot.
    Do they secure tot he base? Or are they just delicately balanced on the base? Meaning, that if someone slams a door, will it fall over?

I love the both.

-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by CLone_Wolf View Post
    What makes them 'stand-up' in their tiny display bases? It looks like they're leaning over a lot.
    Do they secure tot he base? Or are they just delicately balanced on the base? Meaning, that if someone slams a door, will it fall over?

I love the both.

-Wolf
    They're very well balanced but nothing is truly securing them.

Quote Originally Posted by kebron View Post
    Here's a link to 3 pics of the Kylo lightsaber box I took. I tried uploading them to the post, but they won't show for some reason.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogall...y.php/cat/5261
    Yea I saw that one at World of Disney, didn't look to closely at it. Seemed not as good as the normal black series one which I already have Hasbro, but I have the Rey one, with the removable blade and all the accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywookie View Post
    Yea I saw that one at World of Disney, didn't look to closely at it. Seemed not as good as the normal black series one which I already have Hasbro, but I have the Rey one, with the removable blade and all the accessories.
    Hasbro's battery box is better and that's about it. Disney's from what I understand about the real movie prop is more accurate in shape and paint applications.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234