Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How strong is the current Master Replicas Market?

And I might add the MR props might never see a drop in price like it was in the long past years where you could get a MR Falcon for $800, a Snowspeeder for $300, a Rebel blaster for $150 etc.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    And I might add the MR props might never see a drop in price like it was in the long past years where you could get a MR Falcon for $800, a Snowspeeder for $300, a Rebel blaster for $150 etc.
    I agree. Those prices will never come back.
    MTFBWY
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I agree. Those prices will never come back.
    Again, I think the caveat to this is "it depends".

*If* eFX ever actually begins producing products again, or *if* the "new and improved" Master Replicas ever gets the license to produce props again, or *if* some other company lands the license and starts reproducing and improving upon the hilts, blasters, models etc. that MR did before, then I think it's safe to say that prices will drop; i.e. Icons vs Master Replicas and Sideshow vs. Hot Toys.
    Last edited by edraven99; 09-21-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Icons was vastly surpassed by the quality of MR. Hot Toys has vastly surpassed Sideshow. So if someone is able to vastly improve on MR, who would care about MR's value instead of buying the new vastly superior offerings? The only reason I can think of would be that the MR pieces have already passed the test of time and still remain the best prop replicas ever. That may never change.
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-21-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by edraven99 View Post
    Again, I think the caveat to this is "it depends".

*If* eFX ever actually begins producing products again, or *if* the "new and improved" Master Replicas ever gets the license to produce props again, or *if* some other company lands the license and starts reproducing and improving upon the hilts, blasters, models etc. that MR did before, then I think it's safe to say that prices will drop; i.e. Icons vs Master Replicas and Sideshow vs. Hot Toys.
    It will take a very loooong time before a licensed company comes and makes all the props already made by MR. Can MR be surpassed? Of course: better accuracy due to new discoveries, better materials (no more sticky grips/t-tracks on sabers), maybe even better display (though MR display is very elegant and it is already, but the new company could include LED lighting option etc.). Will it happen? It might some day, but not sure if it is in the next decade. I'd be more sure in saying not in our lifetime, considering how things work...

So since I'm an OT Imperials collector and a blaster guy, I'd say that if you want an E-11 nowadays, you have a few licensed and unlicensed options:
    - MR E-11 - great metal blaster, accurate, though a bit idealized and missing some greeblies (no Hengstler counter, no mag cylinders - MR made a proto owned by a scummer, for a possible future E-11 with all these greeblies, but never happened). MR remains more accurate than the airsoft blaster from Evike.
    - real converted Steling with genuine parts, where allowed
    - resin or rubber blaster like Doopys, Hyperfirm and others
    - metal blaster like the one that is made by Field Marshall on RPF and FISD
    - Evike airsoft blaster, ok for Rogue One E-11, needs some more changes for OT E-11 - but you get a shooting blaster
    - Hasbro or Nerf, if you want a toy

You can see there are a ton of choices for this blaster alone, and this goes for many other blasters and sabers. And still MR stays there as one of the best E-11 renditions, with all its faults.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Can no longer like a post, so thumbs up here Sergiu!

Disney is frowning on firearm replicas publicly, so the best bet for a blaster now is from unlicensed builders. For an ANH Han Solo blaster that beats the licensed MR in appearance, check out Todd Costumes as posted about in an earlier thread.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

I would love a Todd's DL44. Only problem I really do not know how to bring in to my country this time. The customs in my country have been extra strict these past couple yeArs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234