Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your favorite Hasbro's 12" figures all these years later?

They've been showing up at TRU, and have been included in some of the recent sales, so you might be able to score one for only $7.99. At the $8-10 price range, anyone will be hard pressed to find a Yoda with a better likeness. To me, the sculpt far exceeds the "decent" range, especially considering its a toy, and not a Sideshow statue or something. For Yoda centric fans, its an absolute must have - it feels like one of those jumbo remakes of a Kenner figure, but with a modern sculpt. The price also cant be beat - those jumbo Kenner remakes are hundreds of dollars - and you can get this figure for pocket change - its hard not to praise Hasbro for this release.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    They've been showing up at TRU, and have been included in some of the recent sales, so you might be able to score one for only $7.99. At the $8-10 price range, anyone will be hard pressed to find a Yoda with a better likeness. To me, the sculpt far exceeds the "decent" range, especially considering its a toy, and not a Sideshow statue or something. For Yoda centric fans, its an absolute must have - it feels like one of those jumbo remakes of a Kenner figure, but with a modern sculpt. The price also cant be beat - those jumbo Kenner remakes are hundreds of dollars - and you can get this figure for pocket change - its hard not to praise Hasbro for this release.
    Another plus for this figure... It is hefty.
    Just for fun, I weighed it on a kitchen scale. It is 8.2 oz, while the Jedi Luke Hero Series is 6.5oz, and the FO Trooper is 6.8oz. So I am impressed it is not a hollow feeling cheap-o toy!

Jawa 2-pack and Ewok 2-pack are two of the best.

One character that gets no love that I wish they did in 12 inch - Nien Numb.

Quote Originally Posted by gijigsaw View Post
    One character that gets no love that I wish they did in 12 inch - Nien Numb.
    Agreed! The Hasbro 12" Admiral Ackbar that came out circa 1998-ish is great. However, it's too bad that Nien Numb was never released in this scale. Great character, and it would have been nice to have seen a ROTJ version of this in the 1996 - 2005 line.

Since Nien Numb was in TFA (haven't seen TLJ yet), it would be interesting to see if either Hasbro releases the figure in the 12" scale; they have some decent 12" figures out there these days, even if they're not as elaborate as the earlier ones (with cloth goods). That being said, I don't collect Sideshow/Hot Toys anymore so I hope they don't pick up the character - those prices are too rich for my blood.

Dengar. I like how they made his suit. And I picked him up off Amazon a few years ago for $10.

The Modal Nodes are pretty cool once you've got them all and set up. If I could make them animatronic I would.

Ponda Baba is decent too.

Any of the X-Wing pilots are great to have. If you don't like Hasbro's body they work fairly well on military figure bodies like Hot Toys or Dragon.

I've been seeing the TFA 12" 5POA figures with vehicles on Amazon for $5-10 lately too. You could get a TFA speederbike or that mini walker from TCW in 1:6 scale for $10. That's a really good deal. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    Dengar. I like how they made his suit. And I picked him up off Amazon a few years ago for $10.

The Modal Nodes are pretty cool once you've got them all and set up. If I could make them animatronic I would.

Ponda Baba is decent too.

Any of the X-Wing pilots are great to have. If you don't like Hasbro's body they work fairly well on military figure bodies like Hot Toys or Dragon.
    Dengar is a fantastic 12" figure. They really made him battle-damaged. Well-done, Hasbro.

The 6-7?! Modal Nodes are superb as well. I remember it was tough to find these @ Wal-mart, since - though they were sold separately - once collectors found them they bought the entire set.

I agree Ponda Baba is a great 12" figure as well. Though, when I looked at mine several years ago the jacket had started to fall apart - I guess the material this was made out of wasn't meant to last.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234