Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View

Wasn't aware of this title until I saw this thread, thanks for the heads up!

That's a nice get nerdinator! Congrats!! Is it signed by all 40 authors?

Okay, finished the audiobook last week. Overall, pretty decent. As expected with 40 authors, it's hit or miss. Cantina stuff goes on and on and on....

Highlights I liked: "Master & Apprentice" (GQJ), "Time of Death" (OWK), "There is Another" (Yoda), "Palpatine" (Sidious), "Desert Sun" (Biggs).

Lowest of the low: The long and insufferable story about the Dianoga in "The Baptist." I won't spoil how retarded this one is b/c you must experience it for yourself, but it is absolutely the most ridiculous piece of fangirl fiction garbage SW story I have ever had to sit through and listen to.

Overall: 3.5/5 stars
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
    Okay, finished the audiobook last week. Overall, pretty decent. As expected with 40 authors, it's hit or miss. Cantina stuff goes on and on and on....

Highlights I liked: "Master & Apprentice" (GQJ), "Time of Death" (OWK), "There is Another" (Yoda), "Palpatine" (Sidious), "Desert Sun" (Biggs).

Lowest of the low: The long and insufferable story about the Dianoga in "The Baptist." I won't spoil how retarded this one is b/c you must experience it for yourself, but it is absolutely the most ridiculous piece of fangirl fiction garbage SW story I have ever had to sit through and listen to.

Overall: 3.5/5 stars
    With the exception of "Palpatine", those were my highlights as well. I also really liked "Raymus" and "Liana".

And I couldn't agree more, The Baptist was absolutely horrible and unnecessary.

This book had some very high points and very low points. I liked it, but I am not dying for an ESB version.

should have something for everyone

What's neat about a book with 40 stories is that it should have something for everyone. I felt it was hit or miss, as others have said, but I thought, for example, that "The Baptist" was fairly creative, unexpected, and even charming in a 1990's SW fiction sort of way. I liked most of the stories that were set in the midst of the Battle of Yavin 4. Surprisingly, because Tatooine is one of my favorite settings in the Star Wars universe, there were quite a few of those stories I thought had been told better in earlier Star Wars fiction.

"Raymus" was an excellent start to the story collection, I thought. "Eclipse" matches it for poignancy.

"The Sith of Datawork" I really appreciated. The "Angle" has me looking forward to the Solo movie.
    ...his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it.

Finally finished this book last evening, and can confidently say it's my new absolute favorite. Can't overstate how much I loved this book!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12