Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful - buyer that wants you to change shipping address AFTER the item has been sent!

Be careful - buyer that wants you to change shipping address AFTER the item has been sent!

Hello everyone,

I recently sold a Star Wars MOC on eBay. The situation is really odd to say the least.

First, the buyer buys the MOC and pay. Business as usual.

I immediately advise the guy that I was on the road and would be able to ship in 3 days. No response from buyer. Business as usual.

3 days later, I ship the MOC and marked the item as shipped in Paypal and eBay and provided the tracking number. Business as usual.

Then, one day later, the buyer contacted me and indicated that his mailing address on eBay was wrong. He asked me to ship to another address. NOT business as usual. The item has already been shipped the day before and he knows it as Paypal/eBay send you a message once an item ships.

What is very odd is that both is mailing address on eBay and Paypal are the same. So both are wrong?

He is a member here. I will wait a couple of days and see how it plays out.

Very strange.

yes sounds very, as my 13 yr old would say, "sketchy"
    let us know how it plays out

I have had this happen. Question?-Did the ebay address match the Paypal address?. If so you have no problem. It is his responsibility to have the correct address listed. You will be fine. Ebay can see if and when he changed his address.

Hello DarthMickeyMoose,

Yes, the eBay address matches the Paypal address. It could also be an honest mistake, but it is odd.

Best,
    Dom

Hello again, I forgot to add the buyer contacted me the day after I had mailed the item and told me not to ship to the address that was listed. I called ebay, and they told me I had mailed the item to the addtess that was listed at that time and he had changed the address, after I had mailed it so there would be no problem on my end as as a Seller.. I never heard back from the buyer again so I guess it all worked out for him as well. Please let me know how it goes. Happy to help in anyway.
    Last edited by DarthMickeyMoose; 09-11-2017 at 10:24 PM.

ebays policy is the seller responsible to ship to the addy they have on record . period . actually they encourage you only ship to that address so i wouldnt worry
    a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

If he moved and filed a change of address with the post office, it will be forwarded to his new address for up to a year. It does add a few days to the transit time though.
    I am Chewbacca
    I have no home
    My home is where
    My spirit goes.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by pghtorchwood View Post
    If he moved and filed a change of address with the post office, it will be forwarded to his new address for up to a year. It does add a few days to the transit time though.

They might forward it, but what does that do to tracking?

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

The MOC has been delivered to the address on his eBay's file. I will contact him in order to see if he was able to re-route the package.

Thanks to everyone for your input. It is really appreciated!

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    They might forward it, but what does that do to tracking?

Ian
    From what I recall it shows as forwarded to new address or something to that effect then delivered when it gets there.
    I am Chewbacca
    I have no home
    My home is where
    My spirit goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast