Thread: xwingpilotuk's collection

xwingpilotuk's collection

Well it's Force Friday II and it's been 6 months since I started collecting modern Hasbro figures...

I've been going back over the VOTC, VTSC, VTAC and TBS6 lines and in most cases (except where I found the TBS6 Phase 1 Sandtrooper at Star Action Figures and the TBS6 Phase 3 Darth Revan in store at Forbidden Planet) I've had to wait for the figures I want to become available at a decent price on eBay.

I now have figures from 2004, 2006, 2007, 2014, 2015 and 2016:

These are currently all stored and displayed MOC/MIB on IKEA KALLAX shelving along with my LEGO:

Obviously the VOTC, VTSC and VTAC cards are already protected in Hasbro clamshells, so to protect the TBS6 boxes on the open KALLAX shelves I bought a set of GWA cases:

Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 09-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    My collection at xwingpilot.uk
    My limelighting and display thread: link
    My childhood collection: link

You've got some nice figures there and a really nice display cabinet. Nice to hear of another star action figures fan!

Thanks.

I'm lucky to have a Forbidden Planet Megastore nearby, but Star Action Figures sometimes get retired stock and has lower prices.

I originally got into the VOTC, VTSC and VTAC lines after hunting down the SA version of Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot. These hold a lot of nostalgia for me with their vintage-inspired cardbacks (and the added bonus of protective clamshells). I view the TBS6 figures as more of a premium product (hence the GWA cases), and it's nice to have somewhere in the house reserved solely for display where I can indulge my collection OCD.
    Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 09-03-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    My collection at xwingpilot.uk
    My limelighting and display thread: link
    My childhood collection: link