Thread: xwingpilotuk's collection

xwingpilotuk's collection

Well it's Force Friday II and it's been 6 months since I started collecting modern Hasbro figures...

I've been going back over the VOTC, VTSC, VTAC and TBS6 lines and in most cases (except where I found the TBS6 Phase 1 Sandtrooper at Star Action Figures and the TBS6 Phase 3 Darth Revan in store at Forbidden Planet) I've had to wait for the figures I want to become available at a decent price on eBay.

I now have figures from 2004, 2006, 2007, 2014, 2015 and 2016:

These are currently all stored and displayed MOC/MIB on IKEA KALLAX shelving along with my LEGO:

Obviously the VOTC, VTSC and VTAC cards are already protected in Hasbro clamshells, so to protect the TBS6 boxes on the open KALLAX shelves I bought a set of GWA cases:

Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 09-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    My collection at xwingpilot.uk
    My limelighting and display thread: link
    My childhood collection: link

You've got some nice figures there and a really nice display cabinet. Nice to hear of another star action figures fan!

Thanks.

I'm lucky to have a Forbidden Planet Megastore nearby, but Star Action Figures sometimes get retired stock and has lower prices.

I originally got into the VOTC, VTSC and VTAC lines after hunting down the SA version of Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot. These hold a lot of nostalgia for me with their vintage-inspired cardbacks (and the added bonus of protective clamshells). I view the TBS6 figures as more of a premium product (hence the GWA cases), and it's nice to have somewhere in the house reserved solely for display where I can indulge my collection OCD.
    Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 09-03-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Picked up some 2017 exclusives in London:

Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 12-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.

So after a final purchase of the TBS6 AT-AT Driver I'm done for 2017

At the end of my first year collecting action figures I have 14 (2xVOTC, 2xVTSC, 3xVTAC and 7xTBS6). All MOC/MIB and incuding 3 exclusives. Averaged-out I've spent 26 per figure, which isn't too bad considering the prices that some of these are currently going for. I've also spent another 70 on GWA TBS6 cases, which is a lot, but at least my entire collection is protected from dust, shelf wear and UV.

I don't expect to buy nearly as much in 2018, so it will really depend on the OT SA figures HASBRO releases (at either scale) going forward...
    Last edited by xwingpilotuk; 12-12-2017 at 03:36 PM.