Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Member Credibility Issues

I enjoy freedom of will, opinion and the right to it's expression.

My posts are based around this rather than the central issue, which doesn't affect me as has been clearly stated. Pretty obvious I thought, even as a non-reader.

There are so many black pots and kettles calling each other out around this issue it's easy to lose track I confess. I shall leave this playground fight for those who have investment within it now and return to lurking.
    Last edited by darthsatan; 07-23-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    May you live in interesting times.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Oh. I must learn. I guess any little dig helps if it's not a buddy? As a personally uninvested but interested external reader (like 99.9% of the readers of this thread, one would estimate), such extraneous comment appears to not help your cause or reflect well upon you. Worth considering.

No, you just made a comment that was really not necessary. You can't just go into someone else's place and start spewing a bunch of heavily negative comments, or they'd never even approve the post in the first place. I told the truth - his opinions annoy many members here. I never once said that was his "crime". What you said was clearly trying to twist my words. That's not helpful.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

•    
    Just saw, they have approved the post over there, but said they didn't want to discuss it on their board and locked the thread. They have suggested anyone willing to contribute do so here. Here's the thread, if anyone needs to see it.

https://forums.radioreference.com/ge...ml#post2794483

I wish they hadn't locked it. Chances of someone there signing up here probably isn't very good.

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

My posts are based around this rather than the central issue, which doesn't affect me as has been clearly stated. Pretty obvious I thought, even as a non-reader.

There are so many black pots and kettles calling each other out around this issue it's easy to lose track I confess. I shall leave this playground fight for those who have investment within it now and return to lurking.
    Do you enjoy being short changed ? No answer ,instead you blabbed your worthless philosophy!

Your a non reader ? How did that happen ? What did you just comment on ? Something you never read ? Amazing .

I personally do not know the person in question that spawned this thread so I cannot and will not comment on that subject as a result. I can tell you that things have a way of being exaggerated especially on the internet. Here is a lesson of caution and my personal story just so you can see where I am coming from...

Personal story:
    Several years ago (2003 to be exact), yes 14 years ago...my first eBay account was hacked. I had lots of high grade listings of CGC comic books at the time and eBay was not like it was today. There were no glorious 800 numbers, call centers, and the like. Communication was by email and only if you were really lucky would you get to talk to someone. The person who hacked my account also set up several fake accounts on a lot of popular forums at the time, most notably the CGC forums. It took me weeks to get the issue corrected and in that time the hacker also started buying items and not paying for them to attempt to get the eBay account suspended because he or she knew I had reported the issue to eBay. That said, one of the hackers bought some cheap CGC graded comic books that belonged to a CGC board member and never paid. Instead of understanding the situation, this ‘wonderful’ person decided to attack who he thought was me on the CGC forums. Sadly, that was a fake account set up by hacker. After paying $5,000 in costs to see what occurred it turns out the hacker was a Canadian resident who was upset that I got dibs on a very extensive collection of factory sealed Nintendo games. He attempted to ruin my reputation so I would be forced to liquidate at a much lower cost online and he could scoop in and buy them. Ironically, before I could even press charges and attempt to correct the situation by getting compensated I learned through the use counsel that he had a fatal illness and is now deceased. That is probably the most horrific experience I ever had online and worse yet there are still ‘wonderful people’ on the CGC forums who think I was involved somehow still to this very day. There is only one true mintcollector and that is me...live and learn. By the way, I should add that after going through that experience I actually left the greater collecting hobby for a period of three years. That’s how much I was affected by it. Lesson of the story: Don’t believe everything you read online and give people the benefit of the doubt especially online. Not everyone is a ‘scammer.’

Today, I run several businesses in the trade, write for several publications within the greater antiques and collectibles trade, and am also a consultant for people who are looking for or selling off their antiques and collectibles collections.

By the way, I don’t blame the people who are overtly cautious and look at things with a discriminating ‘eye.’ I do however think people need to use caution before potentially slandering any one because honestly, lawsuits for slander and libel are quite common.
    Last edited by mintcollector; 08-05-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks for sharing, this is a crazy story, glad you came out of it for the better!
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011