Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6/4/2017 Forum move has been completed

I don't think it's anything specific and it is intermittent. It's weird because now it's working normally again.

Makes it very hard to troubleshoot. I haven't given up on you guys, don't worry!
    Maybe I'm an Admin still? Who knows!

If it helps, my browser just reported another "The conncetion has timed out" message.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
    Uh...does the forum have ads? Even if it did there would be no difference between coming from the homepage and coming from a bookmark, unless your bookmark sent you to a different site first and redirected.
    Hmmm... Now you mention it...

Could be the ads on the page I was leaving, but didn't have the problem going to any other site. Thanks for the reply!
    Deathspawn Trade Thread
    Deathspawn9000
    ATTENTION HASBRO: I will NEVER buy a NERF equipped toy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
    It's so weird because I don't see it at all. Is it specific threads? Maybe ones with lots of pages?
    It's threads but also subsections. I come directly to the main forum listing of all subsets. I go to Black Series 6", Vintage:Toys, Comics, Books, Magazines, I'll peek at the sales/trades boards, as well as Customs, the Films and Televisions boards, and Wuher's. Many of the threads I look at are long term types, but I haven't noticed it as short threads being quicker loads.
    In past years, when everything was fine, some mega long multi-hundred page threads would take longer. But it doesn't seem to be this effect. I know a lot of people post full size pics and they are great to view, but maybe people need to use the thumbnail option where we can click to expand in another window. Perhaps sheer volume of those things are adding up. I don't know how much of what loads when you look at a thread or page.
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

I'm getting much longer time periods loading up pages on a daily basis. Navigation feels as it I were on a dial-up connection at the busiest time of the day. Today,more than other days, I keep getting the message below, after hitting the reply button. I find myself having to go back and re-type everything at least three times before comments are posted:

This page isn’t working

Chrome detected unusual code on this page and blocked it to protect your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards).

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

and also this:

Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the forum.rebelscum.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The forum.rebelscum.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-27-2017 at 02:18 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback , Movie Realization Visual Reviews

Sorry for the extended downtime this morning, I was having the host company move this server to another box because I was seeing some very strange messages in the logs indicating resource issues. We'll see if things are better now.

Edit : I'm also going to update the forum software (and Tapatalk) today so there may be brief periods of downtime when I do that, but I'll keep them as short as possible.

ok, we're back after the upgrades, also the host moved us to a server with very few other servers on it so performance should be improved (after I finish rebuilding the search indexes). Let me know if you still see problems as I still have an open ticket with the host.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456