Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/4/2017 Forum move has been completed

I am currently running into issues even getting onto the site. I am using updated Chrome. If I try to post a reply to any thread, it doesn't do the usually, it doesn't do the "quick reply". Instead it takes me to another page to reply with "Title:" at the top.Also, I attempted to go to this members feedback thread earlier (in the Modern Classifieds), to post feedback for that Scummer, and all I get is this:This site can’t be reachedthreads.rebelscum.com’s server DNS address could not be found.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configurationERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
    My Feedback: *Attention* ---> This is a Collector's site not scalpyaasquickasicanforaquickbuck.com, please treat it as such! <--- - Abe

I guess that move didnīt go that well as expected earlier

I get "Database Error" meassages constantly
    I donīt get notifications about PMīs
    I canīt upload photos to my gallery
    Board speed is like using a old Pentium with a 56k modem

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Scooby View Post
    I guess that move didnīt go that well as expected earlier

I get "Database Error" meassages constantly
    I donīt get notifications about PMīs
    I canīt upload photos to my gallery
    Board speed is like using a old Pentium with a 56k modem
    I'm using Chrome, and I'm having all the same issues. The board speed has slowed down about 40% and I keep getting the " This site can’t be reachedthreads.rebelscum.com’s server DNS address could not be found" message quite often when trying to post.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

I've made some MySQL and Apache changes, please let me know if it's any better.
    Maybe I'm an Admin still? Who knows!

For me, so far, everything is faster for sure. However, when I click on the following members feedback link (to post some feedback for them), I am receiving an error page: Scruffylookin87's Feedback
    My Feedback: *Attention* ---> This is a Collector's site not scalpyaasquickasicanforaquickbuck.com, please treat it as such! <--- - Abe

What error? That link worked fine for me

Chrome says:

This site can’t be reached

threads.rebelscum.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
    Try:
    Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

ok, that's just your DNS server caching the "miss", it'll clear up in under 24 hours. We found we hadn't moved the DNS for threads.rebelscum.com to the new IP (threads is a legacy URL) so a lot of old links were broken. If you find one you really need to use in the next 24 hours, changes "threads" to "forum" and it'll work.

Alternatively, open an admin-level command prompt and run "ipconfig /flushdns" and that may do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
    ok, that's just your DNS server caching the "miss", it'll clear up in under 24 hours. We found we hadn't moved the DNS for threads.rebelscum.com to the new IP (threads is a legacy URL) so a lot of old links were broken. If you find one you really need to use in the next 24 hours, changes "threads" to "forum" and it'll work.

Alternatively, open an admin-level command prompt and run "ipconfig /flushdns" and that may do it too.
    Good stuff! Thank you!

Also, I/we appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes into keeping this place afloat! Truly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123