Thread: Tri-Con Episode 1 1999 Premiums

Tri-Con Episode 1 1999 Premiums

These are all the premiums that were put out during 1999 at Taco bell, KFC and Pizza Hut for Episode 1. Each restaurant had it's own set of toys based on the 3 planets in the movie (Naboo, Tatooine, Coruscant)

Taco Bell had Tattooine based toys and included the following:
    Joking Jar Jar, Racing Podracers (Anakin,Sebulba), Ripcord Sith Speeder, Planet Tatooine, Floating Royal Starship, Puzzle Bank, Floating Watto and Walking Sebulba

Pizza Hut had toys based on Coruscant. They included: Walking Lott Dodd, launching Royal Starship, Anakin Viewer, Yoda's wisdom (Magic 8 Ball), Planet of Coruscant, Sith Vision, Talking R2-D2, Squishy Jar Jar, Sith Probe Droid, and firing Sith Infiltraitor (Not Pictured).

KFC had toys based on Naboo. They included:
    Squirting Bongo, Firing Vulture Droid, Squirting Boss Nass, Swimming Jar Jar, Planet of Naboo, Oopee Sea Killer, Squirting Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals Vs Battle Droid (Rock-em Sock-em), firing Naboo Fighter, and Queen Amidala 2 pack (Not Pictured)

Each resturaunt also released a set of 4 collectible cups. KFC (R2-D2, Queen Amidala, Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals) Pizza Hut (Mace Windu, Jar Jar, Nute Gunray, Yoda) Taco Bell (Anakin, Darth Maul, Watto, Sebulba)

Please feel free to comment about these below
    Last edited by Jabbaman; 05-19-2017 at 08:52 AM.

These bring back such fond memories. The whole leadup to TPM was a magical time for a kid like me who grew up with the OT, and was the perfect age to relish in all the Star Wars goodness of the late 90s.

To this day, I think of this promo whenever I set foot in a Yum! restaurant.

I concur with The_Chosen_1's statements. Fond memories. I really wish they had done similar promos for AOTC and ROTS. Those Planet globes are my favourites.

I got the Sidious mirror set and was wondering how it's supposed to work. Nothing happens with mine and I'm wondering what could be wrong with it. I recall the mirror image changing, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranusspotting View Post
    I concur with The_Chosen_1's statements. Fond memories. I really wish they had done similar promos for AOTC and ROTS. Those Planet globes are my favourites.

I got the Sidious mirror set and was wondering how it's supposed to work. Nothing happens with mine and I'm wondering what could be wrong with it. I recall the mirror image changing, but that's about it.
    As far as I know, you're supposed to turn the wheel on the back and an image of Darth Vader should appear in the the mirror. I'm not entirely sure how it works but it could be battery operated.

yeah- those 12 cups are some my favorite items in my collection. I loved the whole TPM experience, it was truly an awesome summer. We had so much trouble in my area finding the Sebulba cup, but it worked out eventually. Whenever I walk into Taco Bell, and it's rare now-that smell, I instantly think of the film-mostly Tatooine. Back then TB was alone in my area, KFC was still separate. We went there for the whole summer like once a week for the SW fix, and all the goodness within. Pizza Hut also had 12 stickers in a candy machine by the door (25 or 50 cents) scored those also. They were all the common shots, 2x3"-N1 in space, face close ups, pods, etc.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 05-24-2017 at 06:14 AM.

If I recall correctly there were also a couple of "frisbees" released with this promotion. I want to say there was a Battle Droid, a Jar-Jar and maybe a Sebulba?

ETA: There were two "Flying Bucket Toppers" from KFC - Jar-Jar and a Battle Droid.
    Last edited by mousedroid; 05-30-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

They released a lot of food toys yikes.

We only have KFC doing promos here from memory so we only had like 4 or so of the toys and some cups.

The KFC chicken BUCKETS with the EP I graphics on them were fantastic collectibles... I have them and fill them with all the tiny little collectibles I've gathered over the years. Neat because the way I use them, they actually serve a purpose.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

I have the complete set of toys still in the box and most all of the Burger King if anyone is interested more than happy to part with them, just PM me