Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the most you've ever paid for a figure?

So it's YOU guys that are spending $3-4,000 on these action figures... I can't even imagine. Not judging or bashing you for doing so... if you have the money I guess.

There is no way I could enjoy owning a Vlix if it cost that much. I've bid on a couple fake ones because it would be fun to have even that, but I just can't spend that kind of money.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

The most I've paid for a figure (loose or carded) was $200 for this tri-logo Yak Face in 2010.

Last edited by Jedi534; 05-19-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    "I'm so hardcore, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    So it's YOU guys that are spending $3-4,000 on these action figures... I can't even imagine.
    I can't imagine anyone paying $25 for some Episode II figure, so there you go.
    My feedback
    "They're sh*t." - Phil Tippett on Star Wars Blu-rays

Probably one of my G.I. Joes, mostly likely Alley Viper on a nice card, which was around 100. Anything more than that, I usually just wait for a recarded figure. The most expensive recard I ever got was a 1984 Baroness on a beautiful card, which was around 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I can't imagine anyone paying $25 for some Episode II figure, so there you go.
    HAHA!

I bought 2

If I had the money I'd buy quite a few things. Still bugs me I never pulled the trigger on T'ra Saa and Tholme.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

A figure ? I spent over 3k for a DT Ben. I've spent more on some displays and rare theatrical posters though but I guess that doesn't count for this thread.

So far since I started collecting Vintage Star Wars, 60 dollars for a sealed mail in Anakin Skywalker. It was worth every penny, I had wanted that figure since I was a kid and saw the mail in commercial on tv. Now vintage 1980's GIJoe on the other hand, I spent 340 dollars for a MOC 1983 Cobra Commander. I've actually been thinking of selling off all my vintage GIJoe collection to fund going all in with vintage Star Wars. I like that with these old Star Wars figures the thumbs or waist won't break if you look at them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
    Ok then I spent over $4k for a Meccano 12 back MOC (factory sealed and in excellent condition).
    Same (kinda) Spent a little over 3k on a r2 meccano 20 back super great MOC!...Oh was I glad when he arrived safe and sound!

will someday soon post my R2 focus up on the limelight thread- have some cool pieces!
    Last edited by BTD2; 05-20-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Pretty sure it was my vintage yak face at $350. Still looking for a mint loose blue snags. I'm sure that will be the highest when i finally pull the trigger and buy one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast