Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will SSC or HT Ever Consider Doing Prequel 1:6 Scale Figures Again?

Didn't Sideshow just release a new Darth Maul?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Didn't Sideshow just release a new Darth Maul?

With less accessories. Were many people even asking for a Maul remake? I passed on it myself since they didn't bother to include all the accessories and clothing that the original version came with, and I'm happy with the original version. I recall many others saying the same thing here when Maul 2.0 was revealed.

For the prequels, there's still some major figures needing to be made for the FIRST time before anymore remakes. AOTC Anakin and Count Dooku are at the top of the list along with ANY version of Padme (preferably AOTC Geonosis Padme). An AOTC rusty grey C-3PO would be an easy repaint for either Sideshow or Hot Toys too. It's a shame neither Sideshow nor Hot Toys included attachable booster rockets for their R2-D2 figures so we could also count him as a prequel-era R2 if we wanted to pose him that way. And as I've mentioned before, there's still two more major clones from the films they neglected to produce (Bacarra's Galactic Marine and the Kashyyyk Commando) probably because they were more unique looking and required new tooling instead of just repainting the standard ROTS Clone armor.

Way back in 2010-2011 Sideshow mentioned in their Q&As that a Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, and Grievous' Magnaguard were all in the works for the 1/6 line. I wonder how far along they got with those sculpts. Ahsoka was also on their list, and I'm still bitter about them never offering her in the 1/6 line during the height of the Clone Wars fandom craze between 2008-2013. I'm sure she'd still sell really well if either Sideshow or Hot Toys would make her now since she's still a hugely popular character. My fear would be that they'd go the easy route of doing an adult Rebels-era Ahsoka so they can use a standard female body, rather than doing the younger Clone Wars-era Ahsoka which would require a smaller teenage body. I'm betting the added expense of producing a new teenage body sculpt is why they never made Clone Wars Ahsoka in the first place.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 05-10-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Shabby Blue

Yeah, I didn't get Maul 2.0 either. Though the head sculpt looked very nice, I am happy with 1.0.

I don't know if anyone was asking for him or not but the original question was "Will SSC or HT Ever Consider Doing Prequel 1:6 Scale Figures Again?" and it seems that, with the recent release of Maul, Sideshow hasn't stopped doing Prequel figures (even if he was a do over). Their Jango Fett and TPM Obi-Wan weren't that long ago either. They also have a Jango PF coming as well, so I wouldn't say that Sideshow has abandoned the Prequels, though definitely slowed down as far as they are concerned.

Hot Toys on the other hand hasn't done any Prequel figures though, have they?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I have both versions..
    Not much difference..
    Not worth the cost if you already have one..
    Last edited by Imperial1973; 05-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get Maul 2.0 either. Though the head sculpt looked very nice, I am happy with 1.0.

I don't know if anyone was asking for him or not but the original question was "Will SSC or HT Ever Consider Doing Prequel 1:6 Scale Figures Again?" and it seems that, with the recent release of Maul, Sideshow hasn't stopped doing Prequel figures (even if he was a do over). Their Jango Fett and TPM Obi-Wan weren't that long ago either. They also have a Jango PF coming as well, so I wouldn't say that Sideshow has abandoned the Prequels, though definitely slowed down as far as they are concerned.

Hot Toys on the other hand hasn't done any Prequel figures though, have they?
    Hot Toys has done no prequels. They've stayed in TFA, OT and R1.
    You know you've had a good week when you've made it thru without stepping in 'Bantha Poo-Doo'.

I'd love an Arena Padme. Other than that I think I have everything I want from the prequels.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1973 View Post
    I have both versions..
    Not much difference..
    Not worth the cost if you already have one..
    Maul 1.0 was my very first Sideshow purchase that got me started with them. I purchased Maul 2.0 just to bookend the set.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Maul 2.0 was overpriced, but I got him at a good deal, ~$185, and he's a very impressive figure. Only PT figure I own. I do have the sense that SS is going to do a few more from the prequels but probably more dvers (I would think Qui-Gon is a candidate since they just did Maul), which would make it even longer before Hot Toys ever does them.

I'd love a Count Dooku and a Magnaguard to go with my Grievous.

I am bummed that HT has so many TFA and R1 figures that aren't moving, yet they are completely ignoring prequel figures that would probably sell well.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkes View Post
    I'd love a Count Dooku and a Magnaguard to go with my Grievous.

I am bummed that HT has so many TFA and R1 figures that aren't moving, yet they are completely ignoring prequel figures that would probably sell well.

I wonder how much influence Disney has on that, mandating that they focus on current films and OT stuff and ignore the prequels that Disney may consider unworthy of attention. It always seemed strange to me that Sideshow, who continuously churned out one clone repaint after another for years after the prequels ended, suddenly stopped with releasing new clones once Disney took over, even though it's easy money to sell cheap repaints to all the clone trooper collectors out there. And in addition to clones, there were half a dozen other prequel-themed figures Sideshow claimed were in progress back in 2011-2012 (Dooku, Magnaguard, AOTC Anakin, Destroyer Droid, etc.) -- all of which never came to fruition. Hmmm....
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 05-19-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Shabby Blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast