Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock Cabinets or Shelves Recomended for Loose Figure Displaying

If you click on the pics in my previous post you should be able to see them in greater detail. I'm new here and haven't yet figured out how to post pics any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by kenner4lyfe View Post
    Here you go. This first pic is of a column of three cabinets hanging on the wall in my office. I'm going to hang three more beside them as I finish up my vintage Kenner collection.

The second pic is a detail of inside the cabinet. I went to Lowe's and bought some steel braces, a plank of thin 1-and-1/4-inch-wide wood, some Gorilla Glue, and a can of white spray paint. For around 10 bucks I was able to make a shelf for the interior of each display case.

As I said, the cases are available at IKEA. They're called "Kasseby" and they cost $17.99 each. The backing material inside the case is a soft, gray polyester, the hinged door is magnetized and closes very securely, they're lightweight, and they were very easy to hang.
    Sold! Lol. I like these, and very nice idea on adding the middle shelf. I was wondering about that.
    Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    Sold! Lol. I like these, and very nice idea on adding the middle shelf. I was wondering about that.
    Thanks! It was a fun weekend project. I looked online at display cases but they were a bit too pricy for me, then I searched Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and other shops before finally visiting IKEA and finding the Kassebys. The most difficult thing was tracking down the total of six I knew I'd need to house all the vintage Kenner figures. That's when I found out other collectors were snapping them up to house their LEGO minifigs. Can't say I blame them, though.
    Last edited by kenner4lyfe; 10-10-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenner4lyfe View Post
    Thanks! It was a fun weekend project. I looked online at display cases but they were a bit too pricy for me, then I searched Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and other shops before finally visiting IKEA and finding the Kassebys. The most difficult thing was tracking down the total of six I knew I'd need to house all the vintage Kenner figures. That's when I found out other collectors were snapping them up to house their LEGO minifigs. Can't say I blame them, though.
    The closest to me is the Tampa location, however, they don't show any in stock. Can't you buy these online?
    Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    The closest to me is the Tampa location, however, they don't show any in stock. Can't you buy these online?
    Sadly, no. But if you call they might be able to tell you when they're expecting to have them back in stock.

That's insane. I just checked the IKEA website and they seem to be out of stock at most locations (although the store in Portland, Oregon apparently has a ton of them). I hope they're not being discontinued or something!
    Last edited by kenner4lyfe; 10-10-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12