Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remade Figures

Remade Figures

I always thought it was interesting that Hasbro remade some of the vintage figures as tributes to the original line. These are the ones I know about...

1995- Classic Edition 4 pack (Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Vader)

1996- SOTE 2 pack IG-88 (Retooled with waist articulation)

1997- EV-9D9 (Retooled with thicker legs and unmovable jaw)

2010- TVC Rocket Firing Boba Fett (Retooled rocket pack)

(I believe that's all but feel free to add if there's more)

I'd hoped they would reissue some more classic Kenner style like the 4 pack for the 40th, so the kids could have at them and tear them off the cards like we did back in the day, though I'm sure they would cost more than $1.97!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaman View Post
    I always thought it was interesting that Hasbro remade some of the vintage figures as tributes to the original line. These are the ones I know about...

1995- Classic Edition 4 pack (Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Vader)

1996- SOTE 2 pack IG-88 (Retooled with waist articulation)

1997- EV-9D9 (Retooled with thicker legs and unmovable jaw)

2010- TVC Rocket Firing Boba Fett (Retooled rocket pack)

(I believe that's all but feel free to add if there's more)

I still have my 4 pack in it's box as I refuse to take them out.

I'd love to see Hasbro do something like this... even if they did a 2 pack of figures where one was a classic remade Kenner figure and the second was an updated Hasbro version. those could be really cool and would sell with both kids and collectors. they could even do something like the old Kenner 2 pack cards or 4 pack box figures.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Unrelated, but related - not necessarily a "tribute" to the original line. Also worth mentioning that some of POTF2 vehicle line was cast from the original Kenner vehicle molds. I recently read that the preservation of the original Kenner vehicle "dies/tooling" (please correct me if I'm using the incorrect term(s)) were the backbone and/or springboard that helped the company push the POTF2 action figure line forward.

You're taking something from the past and making it into something new for the future generation and I think that's wonderful.

I agree that something like the 4-pack would have been great for the 40th.
    I like what Hasbro has done with the Black Series, bit a first 12 in the original scale with early bird kit would have been a great nod to the originals.
    There's been a lot of recent figures in 3 & 3/4 scale such as Breaking Bad and Terminator released with card and bubble style packaging.

I'm eternally grateful for the 2010 rocket-firing Boba Fett. It's possibly my favorite carded Star Wars figure of all time, kind of a way to re-own a vintage figure with it's intended spring rocket, on a vintage card, for less than 35 dollars. Sure, it's not really vintage, but, like my G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary figures, it's a fantastic way to revisit 1985 without taking out a second mortgage on the house lol. I'm not a He-Man or TMNT or Transformer collector, but some of my friends feel the same way about those similar lines.

I Had always hoped they would have re-released the first 12, along with Tarkin, and a rebel fleet trooper that would fit in with the kenner line flawlessly. then release some modern and missing characters as if they were made in the 70's and 80s. Why not? Figures toy company has had great sucsess extending and re issuing Megos....

Quote Originally Posted by sith_rising View Post
    I'm eternally grateful for the 2010 rocket-firing Boba Fett. It's possibly my favorite carded Star Wars figure of all time, kind of a way to re-own a vintage figure with it's intended spring rocket, on a vintage card, for less than 35 dollars. Sure, it's not really vintage, but, like my G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary figures, it's a fantastic way to revisit 1985 without taking out a second mortgage on the house lol. I'm not a He-Man or TMNT or Transformer collector, but some of my friends feel the same way about those similar lines.

I found a way to get that figure onto a repro vintage base. Would you like to know how?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    I Had always hoped they would have re-released the first 12, along with Tarkin, and a rebel fleet trooper that would fit in with the kenner line flawlessly. then release some modern and missing characters as if they were made in the 70's and 80s. Why not? Figures toy company has had great sucsess extending and re issuing Megos....

You may be reffering to the POTF2 line, but I agree with you. Of course, there are customizers out there willing to fill-in those hugh gaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast