Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genres and characters for future Anthology films???

Genres and characters for future Anthology films???

What ideas have you folks for future Anthology movies or TV shows (animated and live action)?

Other than the oft mentioned Fett or Kenobi story, what type of characters that would you like to see? What genres could be brought into the Star Wars movie?

Bor Gullet: P.I.

genre blending would be cool, like Death troopers. I mentioned I'd actually like to see an actual anthology, like a SW Creepshow, you could tackle some minor yet interesting characters, and not have to sweat the whole 2 hr film risk on just one topic, or make them piggy back on another tale. Say 3-4 tales revolving around activity in Jabbas palace, Maz's castle, Cloud city stuff, bounty hunters.. and have 'em written as though it will fit a canon window someway. Could almost work as a live action TV series too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
    What ideas have you folks for future Anthology movies or TV shows (animated and live action)?

Other than the oft mentioned Fett or Kenobi story, what type of characters that would you like to see? What genres could be brought into the Star Wars movie?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-21-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Bor Gullet: P.I.
    It would need Saw too.

It could be a buddy movie.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-22-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    genre blending would be cool, like Death troopers. I mentioned I'd actually like to see an actual anthology, like a SW Creepshow, you could tackle some minor yet interesting characters, and not have to sweat the whole 2 hr film risk on just one topic, or make them piggy back on another tale. Say 3-4 tales revolving around activity in Jabbas palace, Maz's castle, Cloud city stuff, bounty hunters.. and have 'em written as though it will fit a canon window someway. Could almost work as a live action TV series too.
    You mean a horror film?

I was wondering about that myself and how it could done in a way that the film could stay within the correct age range.

What kind of film could Lucasfilm do the would not restrict it's audience too much?

I do think a young Yoda story would be interesting, taking place about 500 years prior to TPM.

Something taking place between ROTJ and TFA. Not necessarily from a "hero'' perspective or to tell the main story. But as a outsider witnessing it unfold.

KotOR era project.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I do think a young Yoda story would be interesting, taking place about 500 years prior to TPM.

Something taking place between ROTJ and TFA. Not necessarily from a "hero'' perspective or to tell the main story. But as a outsider witnessing it unfold.

KotOR era project.
    Some elements need to be kept a mystery.

Yoda is one of them. I'd rather he didn't have a backstory.

Post-RotJ - you mean something like Forrest Gump? Takes place across the thirty years with a civil servant or something being present at key points?
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-22-2017 at 03:20 AM.

But I'm not saying to reveal his Race, Planet or origins of any kind. Just an adventure that isn't too connected to the PT or OT, but yet he is. That's where it ends though. Also, his apprentice at the time will die at the end. So there will be the danger and loss, since Yoda obviously lives. The thing about him, is that he's got so much wisdom and life experiences. That it would be interesting to see a different take on him. IMO, he has more to offer in terms of options than Fett or Obi-Wan. We've already seen much of Obi-Wan's life already, so there's not much of a window for him. He dies in ANH, so nothing can be done after that. Between ROTS and ANH is a popular time among many, but I just see more problems arising. I'm not saying there isn't a story in that time frame, just not about him. That only leaves his time as a Youngling/Padawan. Which most people don't want, because they want Ewan to return. And if they wait long enough, maybe he'll be old enough to loo the part. But IMO, Rebels handled it just fine. The End.

As for any others, who else would offer something interesting? We obviously can't have anything new, so it leaves us stuck with original characters...
    And I'm just not into it. Now, if we were allowed to have stories about EU characters. I could name a few.

No, not spanning the whole time frame. Just a moment in time, at a pivotal point where said character stumbles upon certain events. And either chooses to help or not, depending on the character's traits. Of course it all depends on whether this is a movie or a TV series. If it's Animated, not much thought need to be out into it. But if it's Live Action, it could have popular elements to it that Prime Time shows have. But based in the SW galaxy. Surely, if shows like the Expanse can do well. So can Star Wars.

With a movie, it's got a limit to 2.5 hours to tell a story. So you have to pick the right one, and the right characters. Rogue One did well because of the timeline and the returning characters. But would it have been just as good w/o them? I would be curious to watch it with all of those moments removed. Just the core group and its mission, but set far away from this timeline. And w/o it being the Deathstar, would it still be cool if it were some random installation on Nar Shaddaa?
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
    It would need Saw too.

It could be a buddy movie.

Saw would be in his own Saw movie" Best 5 out of 7".

(explaining how he got his mechanical limbs).

How about Saw meets Annabelle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast