Thread: My thoughts on the Apprentices of the Prequels...stepping stones to Vader?

My thoughts on the Apprentices of the Prequels...stepping stones to Vader?

The Entertainment Nut's Blog Post - Movie Musings: The Path to Darth Vader, buried within the Star Wars Prequels

These thoughts have been rolling around in my head for a few years, and decided to get them out. I am surprised that noone else has ever considered these things before.
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of oysters cried out in terror...and were suddenly silenced."

well, if you ask me-this article was written by Captain Obvious. Sorry, but how does one NOT realize these things he mentions? Is is really buried, or might it be the actual story content?
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-19-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    well, if you ask me-this article was written by Captain Obvious. Sorry, but how does one NOT realize these things he mentions? Is is really buried, or might it be the actual story content?
    Well, as the writer of the blog posting, I personally have never really seen anyone look at this stuff in this way. Most of my posts, I try to introspect and observe things I've never seen anyone look at.

Plus, most of the talk about Sidious' apprentices online were usually nothing but complaints, such as how "Lucas killed off the coolest Sith Apprentice since Vader," or "how lame it was that Grievous was constantly coughing, etc."

Most of the online fans just gravitate towards the stuff that's super-cool or bad-*****. I've been rather fascinated by dissecting the Prequels. Lucas definitely had some decent ideas and thoughts, but yeah, the overall execution of the whole thing did make it rather 'dry' in places.
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of oysters cried out in terror...and were suddenly silenced."

..true, cyber fans love to whine, and act so ungrateful. esp when there's a story afoot that one thinks they know, and when it's told & it's not they way they saw it in their head, and well, it's just no good in their opinion. I thoroughly enjoy the PT, and it's byproducts. But IMO, George at this point was a passionate family man, and really aimed to please his & all kids even moreso than before. As far as path to DV, to me it's the foreshadowing and what a fan immersed in this lore would certainly notice and post OT, expect. Being a fan so long (and now it's just different stories, w/ similar tropes and foreshadowing & homages), you get used to the methods and compliments for subject matter and their way of explaining progressions and evolution in the stories, characters etc. Not a knock bud, sorry to come of that way if so- but the first thing mentioned outta the cinema after ROTS was how GG was a clear nod to DV and his resulting condition, just to name one. If you also saw the CW micro series prior, they show why Grievous coughed so much (which also lends to why DV did not above he would certainly receive the best tech being Sith), quite interesting stuff.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-20-2017 at 05:35 AM.