Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Return of The Vintage Collection (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DutchVander View Post
    They said it was for "story reasons." Something about Death Trooper fitting with the Hovertank better than the location specific Scarif Troopers.
    Yeah, LOL, the interviewer (Victoria?) took them by surprise by saying the Death Troopers were never on Jedha either, and they tried to cover by saying they were more likely to be there than Scarif troopers
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    Let's assume the 15 for now but wouldn't it be crazy not to have at a minimum TVC for TLJ: snoke benicio Finn Poe Luke Rey kylo bb8 lauradern kellytran. That's 10 more. Maybe TLJ leia, 3po red arm, hux, teaser young Han and Landon seem low risk and get us to 30. That's not even touching parking lot and those are figures they are going to release at some point for TLJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hate to say it, but the new movie characters will be in their own line... 5POA (or 7-9 POA?)

I have to think that we'll see a TLJ line out for Farce Friday and that will continue up until it is time to switch to a short Han Solo line. I'd include a young Han Solo in the Vintage Collection simply because I think it's a good move to appeal to those that really like that movie (kids,etc). After the Han Solo movie, I don't know what the 5POA line will look like? Might not be much until they start ramping up for Christmas and then EP IX.

I think we'll get some TLJ figures in Vintage Collection in 2019, but they'll try to sell as many 5POA figures as they can in 2018.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    From what JTA is reporting/rumoring, they say it's 15 new figures, and over 15 repacks.
    I think we're still getting some miscommunication. I see where the discussion talks about the 15 figures on JTA, but I don't think that is what is being said at all. They aren't doing 30 figures in 2018.... I don't believe.

The Vintage Collection from 2010-12 averaged 38 figures a year... and I don't see 2018 coming near that.
    Last edited by keknivek; 07-27-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    I think we're still getting some miscommunication. I see where the discussion talks about the 15 figures on JTA, but I don't think that is what is being said at all. They aren't doing 30 figures in 2018.... I don't believe.

The Vintage Collection from 2010-12 averaged 38 figures a year... and I don't see 2018 coming near that.
    well if you think about it we already have confirmation on the following repacks in the Vintage line:

FO Stormtrooper
    Kylo Ren
    Rey Jakku
    Finn
    Cassian Andor
    Jyn Erso
    Hoth Rebel Trooper

that's already 7 repacks (true that many missed out on these due to the lack of restocking on both Wal-Mart an Hasbro) but still that's a big chunk of figures that take away spots for other new or "More-Desired" figures to fill.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    I hate to say it, but the new movie characters will be in their own line... 5POA (or 7-9 POA?)

I have to think that we'll see a TLJ line out for Farce Friday and that will continue up until it is time to switch to a short Han Solo line. I'd include a young Han Solo in the Vintage Collection simply because I think it's a good move to appeal to those that really like that movie (kids,etc). After the Han Solo movie, I don't know what the 5POA line will look like? Might not be much until they start ramping up for Christmas and then EP IX.

I think we'll get some TLJ figures in Vintage Collection in 2019, but they'll try to sell as many 5POA figures as they can in 2018.
    I think I may have to agree with you on this.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334